Queen's English CAT MEETING

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
This SUNDAY (April 14th) is our CAT Meeting at the Queen's English car show at Woodley Park.

You can register at the park.

For details see http://www.queens-english.org/

I expect over 20 Tigers. Even if you don't bring a car you can enjoy the show.

see you there,

bt,
at the beach

Last edited:

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The show and CAT meeting went great.

Attendance was awesome with nearly two dozen Tigers, 5 or 6 Alpines and one Imp.

bt,
at the beach

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Woodley Wheels

If you're a fan of "stock" or "original", read on at your own risk. You might find the following upsetting. :p

I'll admit it. I'll be honest. I get bored with the usual Tiger LAT & Panasport wheels that dominate Tiger gatherings.

The Queen's English car show today had some interesting alternatives. Some were even "old friends" from back in the day.

bt,
at the beach

Warren

Gold forum user
Left out,

I agree my car came with the Pannasports in 13's then I stumbled into a set of 14's from the for sale section here on forum.

What would really be nice is a pretend knock off like some others have or a source for the ones in pic. IMG_5888.jpg (5 of 6) The Maroon car with the Cobra type wheels, ?

Like the Cosmics as well but sourcing vintage wheels is hit or miss , well maybe miss X 1000. My pal Lee found a set in LA on a BMW forum, the lucky dog.

Recently I saw a Alger in Carlsbad with RX-7 wheels and heard that early Saab's had a 4 x 108 that would fit.

The RX-7 wheels were 4 X 110 and I might be a little gun shy about re drilling wheels and driving on over 10 year old tires after seeing the car in picture 2. which as the story goes was on old tires and had a blow out and died a horrible death

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks for posting the pics.

Do you have any more pics of the matt black Tiger?

I have too many pictures of the matte black Tiger which previously won the Queen's English plaque for "Most Audacious Car".

This year it was again the Ugly Duckling of the Tigers.

bt

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
More Pictures

I was interested in striking or unusual cars while snapping these. Also constantly aware of low battery which did not die.;)

First ten of 20 I think are best.

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Even More Photos

A 'Nuther 10 of my best. That's my opinion and you will not see the worst anyway! Picture of the CCI Puppy in training, Demi, is also a picture of an original Mk1A door panel! Puppy about 7 months original panel is 47 years old.

Rick

Last edited: