Three Tiger projects and one Alpine

Syncro

New forum user
CAT Member
(Sold 4th of October for $10k.) This Tiger den is in West Melbourne, Florida and will be sold as a lot with local pick up only. It is being offered by the widow of the fellow who collected the batch. I am acting as her agent. I already have two Tigers and nine Alpines, otherwise I'd buy them from her. I can arrange local inspection of the bunch weekdays from 8 am to 5 pm.

There are 254 photos of the cars and parts here on DropBox:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8xkn6nzxu1rii7c/AAAfUJbYycU2vsxXSBKr7EJma?dl=0

There are titles in his name for 1155 and 3209. She can provide a copy of his death certificate which will allow the buyer to transfer them. 2852 and the Alpine have the signature of the sellers on them and are directly transferrable to the buyer.

The factory hardtop is NOT included in this deal! Neither is the Alpine overdrive, transmission, and driveshaft.

I reported these cars to Norm Miller and he confirmed that some of the components are matching numbers as noted in the photo file names. 2852 and 3209 were not reported to him previously. None of them are TAC'd.

B9473209 LRXFE has a SAL body tag and definite front clip from an Alpine. The back of the car has definite Tiger indications. It no doubt suffered front damage and was grafted together. See the invoices from Tiger Tom and others for body sections and panels.

B9472852 LRXFE has major body modifications to the front grille area and fender flares. The trunk floor was cut out and a non-Sunbeam gas tank placed in the hole.

B9471155 LRXFE was sandblasted and primed revealing rust issues. It has funky flares in progress.

Alpine B39501330 LRX seems to be fairly solid with at least one floor area cut out.

If someone is interested in making their cars “Matching Numbers” there are these components looking for their source Tigers. Per Norm:

“B382000744 LRXFE is the source of the loose valve cover 5841-B19KC.

B382000930* is unclaimed in my data and is the source for the valve cover and possibly the complete engine 5604-B19KC.

B382001417* is the source for the gearbox HEHE015238 and another unclaimed car in my records.”

Starting bid is $10,000 and cars will be sold to highest bidder at noon Eastern Time on Oct 1, 2018.

John MacNeill
syncro@man-cavern.com
321.427.9221 cell

Last edited:

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Project Cars

Stared at the pics for a bit. There's definitely some time and $$$$ to be spent before these critters roam the highways again. . . . . .

Syncro

New forum user
CAT Member
There is no doubt about that, hence the starting bid based on the "swag" value of the parts, engines, transmissions, cross members, axles, etc. Two of the cars are going to be more than a re-assembly. 3902 is the "most likely to succeed" as the first one to see the road by putting parts back in place.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Its ok randy.. Easy to switch during a resto .... As a side note i kept both tigers lhd.. Makes parking and passing trams a breeze here.... Right turns at intersections less so:eek:

Warren

Gold forum user
Website

Nice Sunbeam 5 pack on your website, love the pic of the BMW under the Alpine on lift and the "How do you know your British car is out of oil?"

Thanks for posting here

Syncro

New forum user
CAT Member
Off to eBay they go the evening of Oct 3rd

No offers, so these cars will go on a 7-day eBay listing Wednesday evening Oct 3rd. Since you know what I think this is worth, now is the time for you to make a realistic offer before the rest of the world has a chance.

I went back to dig into the stuff in the Alpine and a couple of the plastic bins. There are labeled bags with emblems and hardware needed to re-assemble the cars. Two sets of new motor mounts. Another radiator header tank, two new rocker panels, Mk I convertible top panels, a ragtop with frames, and a tonneau cover. Roy told his wife there was enough there to make two whole Tigers and from what I see, he was right.

Also found the second windshield and frame along with a third windshield glass wrapped in those blankets. The new photos start with Tiger_Den_Roy_55 at the bottom of the Dropbox folder with now 270 pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8xkn6nzxu1rii7c/AAAfUJbYycU2vsxXSBKr7EJma?dl=0

I appreciate the views and comments. The shop where they are located has sold and the cars must be removed very soon.

Syncro

New forum user
CAT Member
Den of Tigers sold

Folks,
Thanks again for the views and replies. Just before listing on eBay I had a phone call expressing interest, so I held it and then he bought the next day for $10k after looking at the photos. Now comes the fun of loading 'em up and yes, it'll take several trips. Fortunately the buyer is only 100 miles away (with a one car trailer) and they are going to be under a roof at his place.