tiger crank pulley

pjmotorsports

Bronze forum user
I need a crank pulley for my tiger..any help in locating one would be great..or locating one that would fit my 289..im hesitant on ordering one from a ford racing site that claims it should work but only deals with mustangs..

dude234

Gold forum user
Someone else was looking for one and they are a hard to find Ford part from the industrial division. You can find stock Ford or reduced width pulleys but their depth is over 1 5/8 inch which is the stock Tiger pulley size.

chirodoc

Gold forum user
CRANKSHAFT PULLEY

Original FORD INDUSTRIAL division part number was C4JZ-6312-A, which could't be obtained from your your local Ford dealer. The number is probably now obsolete.. Check with Rick McLeod @ Sunbeam Specialties (#TM 29), or Dale's Restorations for fabricated aluminum pulleys.

Last edited:

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Pulleys

I need a crank pulley for my tiger..any help in locating one would be great..or locating one that would fit my 289..im hesitant on ordering one from a ford racing site that claims it should work but only deals with mustangs..

I've got some originals in the attic. PM for more info, etc.

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Crankshaft pulley

I’m looking for a crankshaft pulley if someone has one they can part with. Your help is appreciated. PM me with the details, thankyou.
Brian

Hoghead

Gold forum user
I’m looking for a crankshaft pulley if someone has one they can part with. Your help is appreciated. PM me with the details, thankyou.
Brian

I make the "Fairmont" water pump pullies from billet aluminium, and have been thinking of making some matching crank pullies in dual 3 and 4 bolt pattern when I get home to Thailand in October as both myself and a couple of mates also need one.

What is your time frame?

I am in Vancouver for the summer so PM me and we can talk
Robert

Hoghead

Gold forum user
I make the "Fairmont" water pump pullies from billet aluminium, and have been thinking of making some matching crank pullies in dual 3 and 4 bolt pattern when I get home to Thailand in October as both myself and a couple of mates also need one.

What is your time frame?

I am in Vancouver for the summer so PM me and we can talk
Robert

Apparently Rick at SS has them but out of stock. I do not know if 3 or 4 bolt but worth a call to Sunbeam Specialties to find out.
Unless they are 3 bolt only, there is no point in me making any

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Crankshaft pulley

Apparently Rick is out of stock, not sure when there is going to be more. If there is some one out there who has one, or one sitting on a shelf, I could use one. This is for a crankshaft pulley not a water pump pulley.
Brian

Forrest39

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Apparently Rick at SS has them but out of stock. I do not know if 3 or 4 bolt but worth a call to Sunbeam Specialties to find out.
Unless they are 3 bolt only, there is no point in me making any

Hi Robert,
I got one from Rick last year. Black anodized aluminum. They are 3 bolt only.
Cheers, -Kevin

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Cranky Pulley

They are an odd depth and 3-bolt. A dual 3 - 4 bolt pattern would offer other uses. They are , for the most part, unavailable. A small run of them would probably be a saleable venture.

Warren

Gold forum user
Spare

Found one spare. It would be nice to make these available. I'd be happy to work with someone .

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Pulling Things Along

Found one spare. It would be nice to make these available. I'd be happy to work with someone .

Trying to find some previous mails with the Thailand connection. I seem to remember the pricing was quite fair except for the shipping/import thing.

Warren

Gold forum user
That's

Our member Hoghead...

He seemed only interested in a alloy late spun deals. My only other connections are the AC housing mfg who also makes motor perches AKA motor hangers and brake drums. It's too hard to get anyone interested in such a short run. Just for discussion how do you wear one out or damage one unless the car gets stuffed into a barrier or other less immovable object.

Forrest39

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Our member Hoghead...

He seemed only interested in a alloy late spun deals. My only other connections are the AC housing mfg who also makes motor perches AKA motor hangers and brake drums. It's too hard to get anyone interested in such a short run. Just for discussion how do you wear one out or damage one unless the car gets stuffed into a barrier or other less immovable object.

I bought one from Rick last year because my stocker had a 4-bolt damper with a custom made welded pulley. I think some people may just want to get another pulley to have a hot spare or for a second engine. Just a guess...

Cheers, -Kevin

Hoghead

Gold forum user
Trying to find some previous mails with the Thailand connection. I seem to remember the pricing was quite fair except for the shipping/import thing.

That would be me...........

Post from Thailand is not too expensive and about 24.00 USD via registered air mail to Canada or the USA for a single "Fairmont" style fan pulley. Multiple pulleys to the same address would be cheaper on a unit basis, as would be cheaper methods of post.
A crank pulley might be marginally cheaper as it is smaller/lighter

I used to own a machine shop, but this is now a hobby for me and the market will not support a large enough run to make this economically viable if it involves tooling or a large set up cost.

I am not opposed to looking into a run of steel pullies, but given the trade off between the tooling costs to stamp them in steel, and CNC machining in aluminium, I suspect that CNC using T6061-T6 aluminium is the way to go for such a small production run.

Spinning it in steel is an option, but spun aluminium would be easier. I still suspect that unless there is a large production run, CNC machining from billet aluminium is the way to go.

I never got around to this last summer, but my mate is now to the point where he needs a 4 bolt pulley, so when I am in Canada in March I will model my stock crank pulley. As SS pulleys are 3 bolt, and still out of stock, I am going to make a small run of dual 3 and 4 bolt pattern crank pulleys when I get back to Thailand in April
If anyone wants in on this parts run please let me know.

No idea of the cost till I model it, but I suspect it will be marginally cheaper than the 110.00 to club members for the reduced OD "Fairmont" fan pulley due to the lower material costs

I want one for my own car to go with the billet aluminium fan pulley. If one painted it black, it would take a trained eye to notice that it is not a stock stamped crank pulley

If I had a pulley I would model it now - anyone coming to Chiangmai?

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Per the Rootes Part Book

Was the same crank pulley part number used throughout Tiger production?

The Rootes parts book for Tigers lists part number 6100033 for the Fan pulley for the 260 c.i.d. engines. It lists the same part number for the Mk II engine.

Hoghead

Gold forum user
The Rootes parts book for Tigers lists part number 6100033 for the Fan pulley for the 260 c.i.d. engines. It lists the same part number for the Mk II engine.

Thanks but crank pulley not fan pulley
I do not have a parts book..................