2012 SCCV meeting

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
We had a run to a pub for lunch today, weather was mixed, warm, cold, windy, sunny and rain.. basically Melbourne weather as it used to be. 4 seasons 1 day.

Nice variety of 'beams though.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Cars:
'53 Sunbeam Alpine Mark I (metalic gold)
'62 Sunbeam Rapier Series 3A (white/red)
'63 Sunbeam Alpine SII (red black hardtop)
'64 Sunbeam Tiger MKI (dark blue)
'64 Sunbeam Alpine SIV (light blue)
'65 Sunbeam Alpine SIVGT (red)
'65 Sunbeam Tiger MKI (dark blue)
'66 Sunbeam Alpine SV (mid blue)

Sadly we had a couple of cars that did not make it today .. Rapier fastback, '66 MKIA Tiger, '55 Sunbeam Alpine Mark 3 and a '60 Sunbeam Alpine SI, but at least most of the owners came along anyway :)

XTIGERX

Gold forum user
Thanks for ID'ing. Many times, without ID, they end up being just pics of some cars.

So the '53 is sitting to left of '62 Rapier (white/red)? Looks silver rather than gold from my angle. Beautiful style.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hey Justin,

yes that's the marque alpine, its the first model a MKI.. they then skipped a model and made the MKIII, you can tell the MKIII's as they have a little vent flap on the side where the alpine script is.

It's a bit of a weird colour, light catches it in different ways.. its probably more green colour.. here are some other pics of Brians marque alpine (also as reminded by these pictures with its previous registration its a 54 not 53.. my bad!):