2012 TOC docklands display

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The Sunbeam Car Club of Victoria was invited to the Triumph club display/concourse at the Melbourne Docklands, the new extension of the CBD. It turned out to be a great day and lots of great cars and money raised for charity.

They had their concourse and a shown'n'shine award that the general public voted for.. and.. my tiger won! I felt a little guilty given it was a triumph event.. but oh well! Some pics of the event.. the rapier convertible was very nice.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
and the others..

some of the cars that were meant to be the focus.. and some other ringers

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
docklands

michael,
tell us about the fastback. is it an imported UK car since it has rapier emblems and low back seats or were they sold as rapiers in your country?

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
we only received Rapiers as far as i know, and not H120's. Car is (was in comparison to how low mileage it was under original owner) quite a low mileage unrestored little old ladies car until 1996 when it came into the club.

Since then has passed through 3 club members. Recently it acquired the alloy wheels, normally at events it used to be on its original original steels and hubcaps. Interior is like new.. its an "interesting" car.. but the model doesn't have much of a following here.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
docklands

michael,
the rapier came to the states as an alpine GT. it had high back seats installed instead of the low backs. there aren't many here either since they rusted so bad and parts for them are in short supply. does this car have the dual carb engine?