Chris Amon Festival in NZ

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
FYI,
bt

Hi Buck and Steve,

Alan Curry of the Sunbeam Club in New Zealand just called me to ask if I would send you some information on the ‘NZ Festival of Motor Racing celebrating Chris Amon’. This event will be held in NZ in January 2011.

Please see attached flyer about the Festival. Please also see the latest Festival newsletter. You will see more information on our website www.nzfmr.co.nz

Alan is keen to attract some of your CAT Owners down here to NZ for the NZFMR Chris Amon Festival where your cars would race in a Sports and Sports Racing class.

Alan said if you come, the Sunbeam Club of NZ will look after you !

Shipping costs in Jan 2010 for a return trip LA-NZ-LA were about USD$2000 per car, based on 6 cars per 40 foot container, but you can get a better estimate by contacting one or both of the freight companies I list in the attached newsletter.

Perhaps you could send information to your club members to see if there is an interest for a CAT Group to NZ? Ernie Nagamatsu in his 1959 Old Yeller II has made the trip LA-NZ-LA and he is coming back again. I will send you his email address if you want to talk to him about the logistics of the trip.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I look forward to seeing you all in NZ,

With kind regards,

Jim

Jim Barclay
Chairman
NZ Festival of Motor Racing
ph +64 9 476 1112

+64 21 752 514

jim@nzfmr.co.nz

jimbarclay@xtra.co.nz