Restoration in UK on STOC forum

steven

Gold forum user
Take a cardboard measurement from a existing Alpine/Tiger and you have your answer

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Colour

Hi Brad, try Quartz blue Metallic colour code #61. A friend of mine had a beautiful Series 3 Alpine which was a factory colour. A lighter blue metallic that was quite striking.

Brad1380

Bronze forum user
Got a similar colour to that, just need some assistance with locating the covered up badge holes now.

steven

Gold forum user
Brad if the body man filled the holes they should be easy for him to uncover. If the car is in primer he should be able to sand the area to expose the brazed or welded holes. Get him to drill them back out again It is his problem

Brad1380

Bronze forum user
Brad if the body man filled the holes they should be easy for him to uncover. If the car is in primer he should be able to sand the area to expose the brazed or welded holes. Get him to drill them back out again It is his problem

I guess your right, i've only got to be a bit out and it will make a mess of the existing holes.

Brad1380

Bronze forum user
Sorted, with some help with the dimensions from Stuart i made a drilling template, worked a treat straight through the old holes.

Attachments

• IMAG3385.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 101
  • IMAG3387.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 103
  • IMAG3389.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 107

Brad1380

Bronze forum user
She's back and looking rather good.

Attachments

• 20191027_101151.jpg