TAC certification in Vancouver BC ?

cjmustangman

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
I'm about to start the restoration of my car and started thinking that maybe I should have it TAC certified first. How can i gets done ?
Is there a way to have it done in Vancouver area ?
Thanks
Arild
Arild@shaw.ca

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
maybe?

I know at one time there were a couple of TAC inspectors in Canada but I don't know if they are still currently active. I believe the nearest Senior TAC inspector to you would be in the state of Washington if he is still involved in the program. Might be a possibility...

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Fwiw .. If you plan on blasting or dipping the shell TAC it after the process, otherwise youll need a new inspection as you'll strip the authentification tag.

WigsTig

Silver forum user
TAC Certification Victoria, BC

I'm in Victoria (on Vancouver Island) and would be interested in getting my car TAC'd too. If an inspector was willing to venture to Vancouver, perhaps the trip could be extended to the Island. I'll email Patrick as well.
Cheers! Mike

cjmustangman

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
well that's 3 cars, should be able to make a trip worth while for someone to come and TAC all 3 cars ???

Doug is your car drivable ? Would it be possible to bring to my shop ?
I say this as I have a hoist and if we could get all 3 cars together I'm sure it would be much more attractive to get someone here ???

Mike , how about your car ?

if either of you want to discuss further give me a call
Arild
604-356-4453

norm1

Gold forum user
CAT Member
How about Seattle area?

I would have to have mine hauled into Canada which would not be fun.

Don't mind paying to have it happen if there are others in eastern, central or western WA.

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
TAC inspector

I think there is a TAC inspector that lives in Whistler, by the name of Brian Faerge. I don’t have his contact info but I believe he’s a CAT member and in the membership roster. I’m sure he could steer you in the right direction. He’s a good guy.
Brian

cjmustangman

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Brian Faerge reached out to me last night and we had a very nice chat in regards to TAC certification and Tigers in general. Brian informed me that Larry Atkisson out of the Seattle area is a senior Tac inspector and yes 3 are required for certification. Larry and Brian are up for coming to place to TAC my car.
I mentioned that there were 2 others that would like to have TAC certification as well and it was agreed that it would be better if all cars were in 1 location.
Doug, seeing that your car is a driver would it be possible for you to bring it to my place at an agreeable time for all to have TAC certification ?
I haven't heard back from Mike on the Island as of yet.
Arild

WigsTig

Silver forum user
TAC in Vancouver area

Hi Arild. Mine is a roller and in pieces but I could trailer it over if that’s what it takes.
Cheers! Mike