Tiger auction Craigslist

Billm

Silver forum user
CAT Member
I saw an ad for a Tiger auction on the Chicago area Craigslist. It is in Sandwich, In. Title missing, no front wheels or rear axle. Ad id number 6544408998. No affiliation.

Warren

Gold forum user
Leads online

For Tiger hunters can be placed in General Tiger Discussion.

Thanks for posting good luck to those in the Midwest on this one.

catcollector

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Looks interesting.
I wonder about claiming title to something like this?
Anyone have any experience in that?
Just curious

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
he would or should have started a lien sale to get the ball rolling, then it might get messy from there if no vin tag. A friend is going through this right now with a 59 VW.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Looks like VIN and JAL are there...

Attachments

• Tiger VIN.jpg
    Tiger VIN.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 189

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The auction had a photo on vin before.. I recall it having thr correct mkia riverts

Billm

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Craigslist Tiger

I contacted the auction person. The VIN is B382006684RXFE. The car can be viewed an hour before the auction. I wonder If the car had been titled in Illinois. Should be able to get a lost title or a lien title. Bought a bugeye Sprite years ago with a lien title.

Maliburevue

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Suspension

Billm,

Last year I sold an original Tiger rearend and the year before a completely restored front suspension. Wish I still had them and I could help you out. Missed it by that much.

Gary

Billm

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Craigslist Tiger

If I had room for the car and won the auction, I would unbolt the rear axle out of my car and use that for transport. Have two too many projects. An Alpine rear axle should get it rolling with 4 wheels and Tires!?

catcollector

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Legally the owner has the right to pay the storage bill right up to the auction time.
Unless your local your taking a big chance of traveling to a auction that may not happen.
Just asked my storage manager that question and that was his reply.
He said they usually have vehicles towed away.
I wonder how many cool cars meet their demise this way.

DD (CA)

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Interested and working on it.. but...

I'm not sure the protocol, i know alls fair in Love, War and Auctions, but I'd just as soon prefer to be friendly...

I have an acquaintance that is actually, rather close by, who also happens to own a restoration shop and I'm engaging him, but...

A: I don't want to step on any toes, if Billm you were on the case... then I'd likely relent as a gentleman ought to*.
B: A lot of leg work necessary in order to make my bid capable.
C: This won't happen without the help of others in this circle.

Yet, that said, this begged the question: What's not to say 10 others on here are also willing and able?

My audi group has been pretty good about maintaining decorum.

Its most important to me that it go to someone within the circle that will appreciate it, whatever is found.

Group thoughts?

*I do have a prior history of relenting... and frankly... it didn't really work as intended...

67 Tiger

Gold forum user
6684?

I don't know much about Tiger VIN numbers , but I thought the last MK1A was #B382002709. B382006684 would be almost 4000 cars away. Somebody please explain it to me. Thanks

JB66CAT

Gold forum user
Vin

Billm,

Last year I sold an original Tiger rearend and the year before a completely restored front suspension. Wish I still had them and I could help you out. Missed it by that much.

Gary

That caught my eye as well Gary. Maybe a typo?

Billm

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Craigslist Tiger

Yes my fat fingers did add a 4 to the VIN. I checked the email again - B382002668LRXFE. Typo.
DD I am not bidding on the car. I hope someone will purchase and do right by the car. It look s like a nice opportunity. I am also curious about the car having no front wheels. Is the front crossmember missing? If someone from here does buy the car I hope they will share info on the Tiger. Photos? Where is the rear axle? Why no front wheels. Didn't the owner pass away or just abandon the car. I have been watching Chasing Classic Cars to much! I am tempted to drive out to the auction and see what happens. Bill

ABSunbeams

Gold forum user
Craigslist auction

According to the SN it's formally Dave Johnsons Tiger which may still be owned by the family.

Doug C

Gold forum user
Warren, you seem to know where to go to find this type of information. What a great service you provide for many Tiger fans. I personally applaud you.