New Sunbeam Gauges

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Brand new Sunbeam gauges

Sunbeam Speedometer

- 0 -140 mph range with correct 'Sunbeam' look
- electronic c/w digital odometer and remote trip reset
- driven by either a GPS sender, trans mounted pulse sender or other sender types
- programmed by manual calibration pulse/mile or DTS mode ( drive 1 mile to set)

Sunbeam Tachometer

- 0 -8000 RPM with correct 'Sunbeam' look
- works with most ignition systems
- can be set for 4-6-8 cyl.
- positive stop at zero

I am the sole distributor for these gauges which are brand new and built by Smiths in the UK. They have the latest 'stepper' motor technology and are very accurate.
They have been assembled using 'original' pointers for that 'correct' look . These are correct 'style' for a MK1 and MK1A Tiger and may also be suitable for Alpine ... especially a V6 conversion

There are other 'new' gauges in the works that will hopefully be available soon...

Limited supply at this time

Sold as a set US$595 + US$25 shipping

Note: the speedo sender is not included but I can advise sources for them

Contact jim@island.net for further info

Attachments

• new set.jpg
    new set.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 368
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 506
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 491
  • speedo tach back.jpg
    speedo tach back.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 421
  • z IMG_4165[1].jpg
    z IMG_4165[1].jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 891
Last edited:

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Voltmeter

These voltmeters are 100% new, custom made for me by the original ‘Smiths Instruments’ company in the UK.
There are 2 styles available
-Tiger MK1 & MK1A, Series IV Alpine and other Rootes cars ( numbers under scale )
-Tiger MKII, Series V Alpine and other Rootes cars ( numbers above scale )
I have a limited quantity of both styles at the moment

US$105 and free shipping from Canada to Canada/US

PM or email jim@island.net

Attachments

• MKIIMK1.jpg
    MKIIMK1.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 393
  • MK1.jpg
    MK1.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 283
  • MKII.jpg
    MKII.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 297
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
I have new stock of Voltmeters now on hand... slight price increase from supplier so now US$110 shipped to US/Canada

'NEW' Jaeger 2" water temp and fuel gauges are in the works and hope to be able to offer them in May. They should be 'exact' replicas as they are using the original drawings to build them

Sold out of tach/speedo sets but will also receive next order in May. Slight price increase to US$595/set as of Jan. of this year

SIV Allan

Silver forum user
CAT Member
I have new stock of Voltmeters now on hand... slight price increase from supplier so now US$110 shipped to US/Canada

'NEW' Jaeger 2" water temp and fuel gauges are in the works and hope to be able to offer them in May. They should be 'exact' replicas as they are using the original drawings to build them

Sold out of tach/speedo sets but will also receive next order in May. Slight price increase to US$595/set as of Jan. of this year

Am interested in purchasing a voltmeter compatible with Series V Alpine - sent an email seeking instructions.

RustyTiger

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Gauges

Whats the latest on the temp/fuel gauges and do you have tach/speedo back in stock ?

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
The temp/fuel/oil gauges are still being worked out. All the original drawings have been sourced but the manufacturer is very slow. :(. I have 3 speedo/tach sets coming with an Aug. 6 build date...one is spoken for and there's a list...more MKII voltmeters in that order too as I sold out of them last week
I had hoped to have the 'full' compliment of gauges by now but it's a complicated process so bear with me...:O

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
I now have new stock of speedos/tachs/ and both styles of voltmeters...

Still working on the other 2" gauges but no build date for them yet :(

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
After what seems like a 'forever' wait, I now have stock 'look' new water temp and fuel gauges!! All gauges have the original style bezel and square 'O' ring for mounting and include light sockets and bulbs. Also have MK1/MKII voltmeters in stock and expect new shipment of Speedo/tach's shortly
All gauges that I sell are built by the original 'Smiths' instrument company in the U.K.
All 2" gauges are US$110 including US/Canada shipping but will discount shipping on orders of 3 or more ...

Attachments

• IMG_6492.JPG
    IMG_6492.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 273
  • IMG_6491.JPG
    IMG_6491.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 240

Billm

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Water temp

Jim I am interested in a water temp gauge. Do you have the appropriate sending unit for them? Thank you Bill

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
I don't stock senders for any gauges I sell...
These latest 2" gauges ( and everything I sell ) are made by the original "Smiths' instrument company. They are all made to original spec and they make 'new' gauges for many early British cars... check out their 'display' website https://www.smiths-instruments.co.uk/ The parent company is now called Caerbont automotive instruments in Wales and they have worldwide distributors for the gauges on that site plus they make custom displays for several new British cars like Noble, Jaguar, etc. .They have pretty much all the original 'spec' drawings going back to the '50's... Unfortunately, they don't have the graphics for some of the 'Jaeger' branded gauges which actually have the same internals as the 'Smiths' brand. I commision them do the artwork custom made for me and am the sole distributor for what I sell.
Because they are basically 'stock spec' inside, they will work with original replacement senders which are available from Sunbeam Specialties and many others.
I bought a vintage 'Smiths' instrument tester years ago and also a power supply so I could feed the 10 volts required as I sold many 'used' gauges' and have used it to check all those gauges. I have also checked the 'new' gauges and they respond the same as original so should be OK.
The speedo/tach set that I offer have all modern internals … the tach can take a signal from the coil or most ignition 'boxes' and the speedo can be driven by a GPS sender, trans mounted sender etc.

Attachments

• IMG_6495.JPG
    IMG_6495.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 168

RustyTiger

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
gauges

Hi Jim,
I have been waiting to purchase your gauges I would like 1 tach/speedo set and 2 water temp and two fuel gauges ,I also would like two oil gauges if available I can be reached at lehawe@gmail.com for payment process ,Thanks,
Larry

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
I have a new shipment in stock and due to a 'volume' buy I have been able to lower prices on all !! I've also slightly altered the MK1 style voltmeter font for a more accurate 'look'

Voltmeters are now US$95 including shipping to Canada/US
Water/Fuel gauges are now US$100 including shipping to Canada/US
Electronic speedos are US$275
8K tachs are US$225

I will have 5.5K 'stock look' tachs available by the end of this year for US$225 and also stock look mechanical speedos which will be US$295

Attachments

• Voltmeters.JPG
    Voltmeters.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 293
  • Voltmeter back.JPG
    Voltmeter back.JPG
    687.2 KB · Views: 166
  • water fuel.JPG
    water fuel.JPG
    887.5 KB · Views: 195
  • water fuel back.JPG
    water fuel back.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 183
  • new set.jpg
    new set.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 200
  • z IMG_4165[1].JPG
    z IMG_4165[1].JPG
    215.4 KB · Views: 192
  • DSC_0457blank.jpg
    DSC_0457blank.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 188

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Neat

I have a new shipment in stock and due to a 'volume' buy I have been able to lower prices on all !! I've also slightly altered the MK1 style voltmeter font for a more accurate 'look'

Voltmeters are now US$95 including shipping to Canada/US
Water/Fuel gauges are now US$100 including shipping to Canada/US
Electronic speedos are US$275
8K tachs are US$225

I will have 5.5K 'stock look' tachs available by the end of this year for US$225 and also stock look mechanical speedos which will be US$295

Excellent effort fella.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Time to update pricing and availability

MK1/1a and MKII voltmeters US$90
MK1/1a fuel/Water temp US$95
MK1/1a 140mph elec./GPS speedo US$295 ( out of stock until April )
MK1/1a 140 mph mech. 'stock' speedo US$325 ( out of stock until April )
MK1/1a electronic 8K tach US$225
MK1/1a electronic 5.5K tach US$225

All above are plus shipping
Voltmeters match existing Jaeger gauges
water/fuel built to original spec.
elec./GPS speedo will take a signal from GPS sender or trans sender
Mech./ speedo is as 'original 'and is cable driven
Both tachs have modern internals and will function with most elec. ign. systems and are very accurate

email jim@island.net for info

speedo face.jpg

Speedo readout.JPG

tach front.jpg

5_5 tach.jpg

speedo tach back.jpg

Voltmeters.JPG

water fuel.JPG

water fuel back.JPG

B2E33F1E-CE89-4991-A160-0F11DCAFB522.jpeg

45D743F8-2AA3-4430-B467-F79AF6A83344.jpeg

Last edited:

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
I’ve more than considered it and my supplier will NOT make any...so after 5 years of begging it’s still a no go. This last year has been a struggle just to keep inventory of what I sell due to various issues including some Covid shutdowns !! The machines that make some of the ‘original’ parts are 60+ years old and $$ to fix. I hope to have MK1/1a mech speedos shorty and probably won’t have them make anything that I don’t already sell but would entertain doing the 4” MKII gauges if there was interest