Dales new suspension system

EvertonTiger

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Finally got dales new suspension system on and it's a massive improvement. Works like a dream, cornering much sharper and feels lovely on German autobahn and high street driving.

Recommend it highly

Sean

MT Roads

Silver forum user
Congrats!

Sean

Congratulations! And thanks for the update.

Also very jealous for your Autobahn access. We used to have similar opportunities in Montana [if somewhat more dangerous] until one or more of our Fed agencies got to them and threatened to pull their highway funding.

We are considering a trip to visit friends in Elsass next year. I am hoping for some Autobahn time then [but likely to be only in the fastest rental I can afford.]

Last edited:

EvertonTiger

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
If you do head over, get in touch, I'm based down in Heidelberg close to hochenheim ring

The fast roads are amazing but even this morning at five AM as I headed to the airport at 250kmph in the jaguar, I had someone coming up behind me. Amazing that in a country obsessed with safety that we will have roads like this.

That said, it's an amazing experience and in truth you do get use to it.

DD (CA)

Gold forum user
CAT Member
If you do head over, get in touch, I'm based down in Heidelberg close to hochenheim ring

The fast roads are amazing but even this morning at five AM as I headed to the airport at 250kmph in the jaguar, I had someone coming up behind me. Amazing that in a country obsessed with safety that we will have roads like this.

That said, it's an amazing experience and in truth you do get use to it.

German fatal accident rate per capita is half that of the US. (44:1m v 109:1m). Driver training, driver training, fewer cup holders, driver training?

tigerracer

Silver forum user
German fatal accident rate per capita is half that of the US. (44:1m v 109:1m). Driver training, driver training, fewer cup holders, driver training?

Hi Sean, leaving Amsterdam heading to Frankfurt using the A2. I'll get to try out my Opel rental car on the autobahn. After spending a month driving in germany and surrounding countries, I hate driving back in the states more than ever. The lack of driver education and courtesy gets quite annoying. Anyway, if you can make it into frankfurt we can meet up.
We are there for 2 days and them off to switzerland.

tigerracer

Silver forum user
Hi Sean, leaving Amsterdam heading to Frankfurt using the A2. I'll get to try out my Opel rental car on the autobahn. After spending a month driving in germany and surrounding countries, I hate driving back in the states more than ever. The lack of driver education and courtesy gets quite annoying. Anyway, if you can make it into frankfurt we can meet up.
We are there for 2 days and them off to switzerland.

Top speed in my Opel Mokka rental car on the A3 heading to Frankfurt was 180kph, which is about 110 mph. I'm sure the car could have gone a little faster, but being heavily weighted with luggage that was as fast as I felt comfortable. It was also the middle of the day with quite a bit of traffic. The fastest vehicle to pass me was a guy on a motorcycle. I was doing 95 mph and I would guess he was doing 130 to 140 mph. The truck drivers from the Netherlands made me feel like I was back in Socal. lol As I was cruising along at 110 mph these words from Janice Joplin kept popping into my head "oh lord, won't you buy me, a mercedes benz" as most of them are passing me like I'm standing still.
BTW: back in the shop Oct. 26