Header Tank

canbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The Rootes Parts Manual lists three header tanks

Part 1224725 up to B382001521
Part 5221224 from B382001522 up to B382001894
Part 1236126 from B382001895

I didn't realize there were differences, as they all looked the same to me. Anybody know the differences between the three. My VIN is in the middle range and I'm wondering if my car has the correct one. The book also lists two filler caps, a 9 lb one, and a 13 lb one. There is no cut off VIN for those. Is that Mk1 vs Mk2?

Ron

Attachments

• Tiger Manual Radiator 1.jpg
    Tiger Manual Radiator 1.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 103
  • Tiger Manual Radiator 2.jpg
    Tiger Manual Radiator 2.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 94

Warren

Gold forum user
Only difference

I have seen is the late 1a's and MK2 had a fill to tab inside the tank. It seems a poorly designed change as it prevents a quick fill with a stream of coolant. Clearly I could see myself back in time saying to myself....Who put that stupid thing there then banging it with a screwdriver.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Yup; I did it

I have seen is the late 1a's and MK2 had a fill to tab inside the tank. It seems a poorly designed change as it prevents a quick fill with a stream of coolant. Clearly I could see myself back in time saying to myself....Who put that stupid thing there then banging it with a screwdriver.

And yes, I did bang one of those GD things out of the way only to have it end up clogging the rad passage . . . .!!!!!!!!