Will a C-4 fit a six bolt SVO 302?

Flared1965Tiger

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Simple questions always hope for simple answers....LOL

Any info regarding mounting a C-4 to a 2002 SVO 302 would be most appreciated!! : )

rab123

Bronze forum user
C4 SVO 302

The SVO 302 should be a 6 bolt bell housing, most c4 for small block ford should work, there were some early 5 bolt c4 transmission bell housings, but they are fairly rare, Then a new auto transmission flex plate in 157 tooth and same balance factor as your motor (could be the older 28oz arrangement or the later 50oz arrangement, just verify what yours is, both balance flex plates are available--- this would affect the motor some if you had a custom balance done on your SVO assembly, but would be like the factory balance). Not sure on the starter, the automatics MIGHT have a different starter gear engagement depth, or could be the same, a search of starters for manual and automatic cars would suffice, if they are the same part number they are the same, if different the gear depth is different, but both are available.

There is a right up in some of the Tiger Shop Notes that are available through CAT.

RB

dlyle

Gold forum user
CAT Member
yes, a C-4 will bolt up to a 6 bolt 302. I have this set-up in my Hillman Husky.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Yup

Simple questions always hope for simple answers....LOL

Any info regarding mounting a C-4 to a 2002 SVO 302 would be most appreciated!! : )

6-bolt C4 is no problem. As previous post warned, check the starter depth and balance specs. I have a spare new short-nosed mini starter if you're crowding in headers.

Flared1965Tiger

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Eenie Meenie Minee Moe......

Thank you One of Five, I am still trying to decide which way to go...Brand new motor has brand new Tremec and hydraulic clutch installed. Hate to trade or sell but will not cut tunnel, so still looking at smaller housings with shift adaptors. Eenie Meenie Minee Moe......

D

dgraway

It can be done..

I just purchased a 65 tiger that has a C4 automatic installed sometime between when it was purchased by one owner in 1972 and sold to another owner in 2002.

I am currently working on getting the car running but may be able to answer questions about the install or send/post photos of the install if you are still looking at this option.