Stock rack made just for tigers?

Sweden Tiger

New forum user
Does someone know if the stock tiger rack was only made for the tiger when they built the or did they take the from an other car? If, witch one?

Thank you, Paul

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Paul, it is tiger specific.

You can use eatly mg midget / moris minor racks with mounting spacer brackets. If you use this with mgb steering arms and alpine tie rods you can correct some of the negative Ackerman geometry.

Do you need LHD or rhd rack? There would be quite a few stock LHD racks around due to the number of midget conversions.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Triumph Parts ??

Does someone know if the stock tiger rack was only made for the tiger when they built the or did they take the from an other car? If, witch one?

Thank you, Paul

I remember rebuilding a few some time ago and the back of one of the castings had a Triumph part number embossed in it . I never pursued the connection so can't add further comment. :confused:

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I remember rebuilding a few some time ago and the back of one of the castings had a Triumph part number embossed in it . I never pursued the connection so can't add further comment. :confused:

Randy you think it's possibly a stanpart? I guess you could check vitesse, Herald and maybe spitfire and 2000 saloon of the period ... Don't think it's TR model.... If be surprised if it came from another triumph model ... Could have been made by them for rooted, but if it was coming to another car the UK guys ( and probably here too) would have worked it out for the LHD to rhd conversions instead of using BMC parts

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
maybe or not

Randy you think it's possibly a stanpart? I guess you could check vitesse, Herald and maybe spitfire and 2000 saloon of the period ... Don't think it's TR model.... If be surprised if it came from another triumph model ... Could have been made by them for rooted, but if it was coming to another car the UK guys ( and probably here too) would have worked it out for the LHD to rhd conversions instead of using BMC parts

Well, I shoulda/woulda/coulda kept better note of the casting number. BUT, I do remember being surprised that the number format and lettering matched all the Triumph listings I'm familiar with. The numbering was on the back and would place it up against the X-member where you ain't gonna read it unless it's out & cleaned.

67 Tiger

Gold forum user
I just happen to have a spare rack housing. On the bottom between the mounting holes, on the pinion (drivers) side , there are letters, the first two are hard to read but it looks like NCPRODUCS. Underneath the letters is the part number TR7903LH3H. On the passenger side in the same place, on the bottom, between the mounting holes, it says
MADE IN
ENGLAND
Hope this helps.