Who makes front plate bracket

Jon B

Silver forum user
CAT Member
I haven't seen any reproductions, but there are a few originals on eBay at the moment.

-Jon

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
First pic is of an $$ original which is on eBay... it's presently bid @ US$133 with an hour to go ( reserve not met!! ) :O Edit ... sold for US$198 :confused:
Second pic is a US$13 repro that a couple of STOC fellows make in the UK but they don't have the extra vertical brackets to hang a North American style plate...https://www.sunbeamalpinetigerspares.co.uk/index.php/tiger-parts/number-plate-bracket?lang=en
Pretty easy to make those extra brackets for the plate though :rolleyes:

Attachments

• front plate bracket.jpg
    front plate bracket.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 158
  • front plate bracket repro.jpg
    front plate bracket repro.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 99

Phyrman

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
I have one and one for an early Alpine
$50 + postage if you are interested

Please PM me

Bruce

Attachments

• IMG_7976.jpg
    IMG_7976.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_7977.jpg
    IMG_7977.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 61

Warren

Gold forum user
Nice scrap metal

:)

There's an interesting article on STOA site of the numerous types that dealers or P.O's put on . My personal favorite is the one I got on a original series four with rubber mounts that allows the plate to pivot when grounded rather then twisting the weak lower valence.

Moderators notes , members may reply to thread that is either a item wanted OR who makes one... like this but the KISS is to PM the Original Poster O.P.

http://www.sunbeamtiger.org/index.php/17-articles/80-tiger-license-plates

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
:)
. My personal favorite is the one I got on a original series four with rubber mounts that allows the plate to pivot when grounded rather then twisting the weak lower valence.
[/url]

Warren, the rubber mounts were standard on s3-iv alpines , but to allow you to bend down to use the crank start. It was a cheaper method than the si-ii that used the metal front bracket that was hinged to allow access.

About 20 years ago a club member here reproed the rubber versions for concourse cars as most rubber mounts were stress cracked and dry.

Warren

Gold forum user
Correct

I had a 2 fer and a both yellow resprays. All the stuff went into same pile. No big fins though on either car. Thanks for the correction. I guess it was an unintended bonus as US plates are much wider and it's real easy to ground on a inclined driveway etc. I guess it could also be the old parts they put on what they had left over.