Russo and Steal?

canbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Anyone know what happened with the three Tigers at the Russo and Steele auction?

catcollector

Silver forum user
CAT Member
61 Alpine racecar SOLD $19,250
1965 Black Tiger NO SALE
1965 Red Tiger NO SALE

Not sure what they bid up to
But the Black car was built to hilt, Dales front end and suspension, hilabrand wheels, etc. Very nice car. Claimed over $175k in build receipts

The red 66 was very nice as well, just more of a stock build.

The 2 at mecum:
The black original SOLD 115K
The baby blue bid up to 70K no sale

I saw them all and met several owners at the concourse in Carmel
Great time!

canbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Heading some day to Monterey for the week is definitely on my bucket list. Auctions can be fun, and to see Tigers racing is something we just don't see my way.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I was there for the black and red ones - the black one got to 95k, the red one 105k.

hwc22u.jpg

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
May Have to Wait Some Time

" the black one got to 95k, the red one 105k."

If the earlier posting is correct and the black Tiger owner has some $175K in receipts for work on the car, he/she might have to wait awhile to recoup that amount. If only it was Carnival Red, like the other Tiger.:D

mrthieba

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I talked to the owner of the black car as he was covering it up for the night. He said it was a no sale at 105k. Is it possible you got the 2 cars reversed?

canbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
There might be some confusion because the live bidding doesn't include the buyer's premium (10%), until the bids are over

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I wonder what the owner of the black car wants?
Were they just trying their hand to see if they could get a silly price with the hype around Monterey car week... Or they actually want to sell?

Tigers have come off the highs of the 2014 50 th hype and classic peak.

I think the bell weather car was the original 10k mile mki. I know preservation cars are not as prized stateside as elsewhere... But i think in 2014 that was a 160+ car... Now 115.

Anyone can resto/redto.mod.... A 10k original is a scarce commodity

BillRo

Gold forum user
The Green MkII at Mecum was a No-Sale at $160K! I think prices are coming back down finally - lots of No-Sales because of overly optimistic reserves.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I talked to the owner of the black car as he was covering it up for the night. He said it was a no sale at 105k. Is it possible you got the 2 cars reversed?
When watching the video screen they show prices then you blink and it's off, I may have blinked. :)