Classification: Personalized or Modified?

CoolCAT

Bronze forum user
My Tiger's differential is the Yukon Dura Grip for Dana 44, 30 spline, 3.73 & down (YDGD44-3-30-1 26026). It has 4-spring, clutch style positraction, Yukon heavy duty 4320 Chromoly Spider Gears and a 3.07 ring and pinion set.

Does this mean my Tiger is classified as "Modified"?
Thanks for any info...

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Not enough info?

Depends on what event you are entering and maybe what club is laying down the rules??

Your dif by it self may be fine in stock class?? because the judges would be seeing a Dana 44 Dif in the Concourse.

Auto crossing?? Hard to say. Limited slip Dif's were available as LAT options and so considered "stock" by some clubs. Best to ask the organizer of an event than crowd sourcing an answer and find your 260 Tiger competing in "Modified class!

Warren

Gold forum user
Good Disclosure

Telling all you know about the build.
There are some previously used guidelines here in the forum.
There's a good movement towards agreed on classifications between the clubs. There's some old points systems and other less general rules. If you can't find em l have I'll point you to em.

CoolCAT

Bronze forum user
Thank you TigerBlue and Warren

Asking the event organizer makes good sense!
I found "Classification Guidelines" online which are helpful but left me a little uncertain if having LSD would be considered "a major engineering change." Agreed upon classifications across all clubs would certainly be useful in guiding restoration efforts.
Thank you both.

Warren

Gold forum user
Opinion

I think that unit is as good as the LAT option one or what I'd call a reasonable facsimile.
I think a lot of people are disillusioned on the non availability of a punch list and a what you didn't use a BoN or have one of the trade secret restorer do your car.

I took it a little personal at first when I got the question. Why aren't you going to join the Concours don't you want to know what's wrong with your car?
Of course I thought it was just fine after all I was just there for fun on my first United.
Now I still go for fun but I don't spend a lot of time cleaning my car cuz that's not my idea of fun.
I have seen the top cars get better and better and, I guess if you're a player or considering competing,
you certainly want to get it right the first time.

Last edited: