California Tiger

zero2toy

Bronze forum user
I was born June 30 1980, and some time between unconsiousness of youth and consiouness of adolesence i realized this mediteranian blue 67 tiger in the garage. My Dad, the fantastic original owner of this priceless gem. My love for this car has since never ceased. I can talk to my dad for hours about the tiger and find it is only a material thing, but we love her so. Millie is her name, short for Mildred. Now if I can just get my dad to put that 347 we built with close ratio trans and 307 LSD rear end in, the love can grow even more :) Hopefully labor day weekend!

A tiger owners son,

Tony

pjmotorsports

Bronze forum user
hey tony.cant wait to see the car with the 347 in it..you should post some pics of car so people can see how nice a original tiger can look being kept in the midwest

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I was born June 30 1980, and some time between unconsiousness of youth and consiouness of adolesence i realized this mediteranian blue 67 tiger in the garage. My Dad, the fantastic original owner of this priceless gem. My love for this car has since never ceased. I can talk to my dad for hours about the tiger and find it is only a material thing, but we love her so. Millie is her name, short for Mildred. Now if I can just get my dad to put that 347 we built with close ratio trans and 307 LSD rear end in, the love can grow even more :) Hopefully labor day weekend!

A tiger owners son,

Tony

Tony,

You will have to buy an alpine to tide you over until you get that first tiger...

pjmotorsports

Bronze forum user
here is tonys tiger at some meet..te/ae event i think

n1318856446_281320_3806.jpg

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
In anticipation of the inevitable question or about our wheel setup in the pic (like what were they thinking...!), here is a comment or two. My son and I are very very new to autocross, or do you say solo... We had just installed a Powerlok LSD and heavy duty (3 leaf) springs in the back. I also have Dale A's 440 PSI or so front springs and a 7/8 inch antisway bar. With the old street tires on stock rims, we were suddenly experiencing a very twitchy rear end that would easily loose traction just going around a street corner with any sort of aggressive throttle punch. Looking for better wheels and tires, I settled on 16 inch Superlites (Australian) and Michelin Exalto PE2 tires. The rear tires on the car in the picture 205/45/16's. I figured the greater amount of tire patch rubber back there would help, and we kept the stock wheels and tires on the front to hopefully get a better balance. Hence the experimental set up for the TE/AE autocross in MD last year. There was some improvement in handling but the rear end was still easy to break loose on the course.

For Suni this year I moved the 205's to the front and put 215/40/16's on 16 inch Superlites on the back. What an amazing difference. The front and rear grips were very evenly balanced. I even felt a little 4 wheel drift on my last run through the last sweeper before the finish line! Go figure.

BTW I understand that Doug Jennings told my son that the stock wheels are not approved for racing... Did not know any better at the time...

zero2toy

Bronze forum user
Hey Dad,

Yea, Doug said he would never use the stock rims for racing as they crack, supposedly. Not sure if he ment they were not approved, but he just said he would never use them.

:)

OH and i kind alike the staggerd look, 16s in back 13s in front LOL. ahhhhhhh race trim without all the race parts. Gotta love it.

Dad, post a pic of the car now with the superlights all around.

zero2toy

Bronze forum user
Tony,

You will have to buy an alpine to tide you over until you get that first tiger...

Yea, I know, and ima get alot crap for tigerizing it, but hey, i want the V8, and if ima get crazy with the set up, might as well butcher up an Alpine than an original tiger. Plus my dad has an original, he is the original owner, so i dont need to get a real tiger :) The experience with the 347 going in Dads car has shown me lots to push me towards putting a V8 in an alpine, plus i like the old school slanted tails of the 63's and younger(not sure about the year but im sure everyone knows what im talking about)

in the end its all pipe dreams :( maybe when im 40 ill actually do it.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Yea, I know, and ima get alot crap for tigerizing it, but hey, i want the V8, and if ima get crazy with the set up, might as well butcher up an Alpine than an original tiger. Plus my dad has an original, he is the original owner, so i dont need to get a real tiger :) The experience with the 347 going in Dads car has shown me lots to push me towards putting a V8 in an alpine, plus i like the old school slanted tails of the 63's and younger(not sure about the year but im sure everyone knows what im talking about)

in the end its all pipe dreams :( maybe when im 40 ill actually do it.

i wasnt saying cut an alpine up.. just that you can have an alpine till you get a tiger.. I started on an alpine.. and still have it.. they are great fun.. and.. sacralidge i know.. but my alpine motor looks more impressive than the tiger one..