Would you like a general discussion section?

Would you like a general subject section?

• Yes

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • No

Votes: 15 44.1%

• Total voters

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
This would be a section that off Tiger topic items could be discussed. Bng No decisive subjects outlined in forum policies would be allowed.

For example - "What lights are you using in your garage?"

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Sadly the topics in such sections always move quickly from automotive based threads to other things which in theory are not useful to most and end up causing more trouble than good. Also the forum is now heavily sub-catagorised now.. Maybe its not needed?

Just a thought, the nice thing about cat forum much like the newsletter is that it is heavily sunbeam focused and event coverage .. Which are the 2 focuses of the club.. The cars and members interaction related to their hobby.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Yes because then I won't get in trouble for talking about silly non Tiger related stuff..... :)

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Join me

Vote no!

It is funny and telling that although the poll favors this misguided idea the Posts added are negative and should shoot it down. Bng

Best to all.

Rick

Bob Knight

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Sexshuns

I originally thought the section idea was great and that better organization would make it easier to search for past information. However, reality is that I now immediately hit the "New Thread" button, and that's what I look at.
Disclaimer - I don't know diddly squat about how a web page works.
I would say it might have been better if the post section had been left as it originally was, where the most recent post was at the top, and posting on an old thread brought it back up to the top, and that the categories each thread were put in was just used in the search map to find topics easier.
Bob K.
B9471705

Warren

Gold forum user
Fence sitter

I have given it way to much thought and still can't make up my mind.

The topic has come up before at meetings before. It is my opinion that this proposed section would effect only those who choose to click on it. If you gotta have it please put it on the back page to use a newspaper term.

Bob, you can also go see the left margin also has a double post it style memo if there is a new post as well. Whenever a new post is made in this G.D.S. We have and are adding tag searches and the regular search as well.

Be nice to know when the poll will close.

tiger260

Gold forum user
Being a forum user from a foreign land I don't know whether it is right or not for me to comment on this subject but a few thoughts come to mind. :)

As Warren mentioned, you could stick the general discussion forum at the bottom of the page and deselect it from the new posts search facility so if you didn't frequent it, you would never know it existed.

The fact that threads do go off topic could show that perhaps there is a need for a place where a bit of non tiger chat can carry on.

Perhaps an 'other marques' forum would be a good idea too?

Can we have a Tim 'The Tool man' Taylor forum for Duke too? ;)

I have also seen a few forums where General Chat has got nasty and it can tarnish the reputation of a club but that's all down to how it is moderated in most cases.

Bear in mind that nothing is set in stone so if it turns into handbags at dawn or an embarrassment, you could always close it.

Just a few mindless ramblings.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Duke - that is what the new section would be good for, just to talk about life other than Tigers only. We are adults and can keep it clean and friendly. Just my 2 cents. Can I vote yes twice? haha

Warren

Gold forum user
Yes

I would like to know at the end also the tally of members vs non members. I voted yes as the when I visit SAOCA and click new postings I never read the Chit Chat ones, well unless they have a interesting title just don't click on what you don't want to read.

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
Although the count is in the positive for implementation, I will wait for now for this addition.

Do not want to have to much change too fast. :p