I saw a set the other day but never heard of them
I have had Balanger, Sanderson, Cannon, and Wilson, but this is a new one to me

Were early club ones branded?

Surely not the S&S of motorbike fame?

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Maybe Not S&S

I did not see the context, but maybe the person who wrote about the headers meant SS - for stainless steel. The new club headers are made of stainless steel.

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Made in USA

Probably right, David...reminds me of the time decades ago when watches were coming in from Japan with 'Made in USA' stamped on them- it was the city in Japan where the watches were being made...

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Very Funny

Probably right, David...reminds me of the time decades ago when watches were coming in from Japan with 'Made in USA' stamped on them- it was the city in Japan where the watches were being made...

Kirk - Very funny! I do not recall this, but am not surprised. Back in the day, products from Japan were considered cheap and inferior, so this would be a way around that stigma. Seems like the watch should somewhere have to say "Made in Japan", but maybe they put that inside the case?????

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
It didn't last long- we 'asked' them to stop the practice soon after it started...

canbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
When I was in Vegas a number of years ago I saw a sign pointing this way to genuine Cuban cigars. I thought, I had to investigate this as this couldn't be in the U.S.. Sure enough, a bunch of Cuban guys rolling cigars in the back of the store....

gregory schumacher

Bronze forum user
s&s headers

We are running a set of S&S headers. Dale A told me they were a very good flowing headers.

Attachments

• 20131221_164346-1.jpg
    20131221_164346-1.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 242

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
We are running a set of S&S headers. Dale A told me they were a very good flowing headers.

Im running a set of steel ( now ceramic coated ) CAT 'club' headers I bought a few years back... they look remarkably similar :confused:

Attachments

• IMG_0948.jpg
    IMG_0948.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 178

spmdr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
S&S made headers for CAT...

...starting in the early '90s. The redesigned headers have larger 1 5/8 tubes and most headers have merged (multi-part welded) collectors. CAT stopped using S&S when they moved from CA to AZ.

gregory schumacher

Bronze forum user
Headers fit car previous owner beat them cant see why because we have no clearance issues. They flow well with the pounding 420RWHP.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
Headers fit car previous owner beat them cant see why because we have no clearance issues. They flow well with the pounding 420RWHP.

My 'club' headers also fit with zero massaging required... can't say that for the 'J.C. Whitney's ' a P.O. had installed :O

Attachments

• old headers.jpg
    old headers.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 150

Warren

Gold forum user
I have

A set on my black car they have a bracket tag that is near the collector. Fit is okay but always had a little noise generating rub on motor mounts. Rather then mess with it I expect a Tiger to growl a little :cool:

norm1

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Fitting my CAT headers now.

Passenger side fits pretty good but the drivers side has required grinding both motor mounts in 4 places and numerous on and offs. Now have paper thin clearances in 4 spots so next it will be massaging 3 down pipes. Have 2+ hours in it so far with maybe a couple more to go............Need a little extra roon for the external ceramic coating to come...

Reports later in the week.

norm1

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Worked 2 hours this morning on the drivers side for clearance to the engine hangers.

Heat and beat #6 tube 2 places, and # 7 tube 2 places in addition to grinding the engine hanger in 3 places.

Passenger side was a quicky, just 1 place on the #2 tube.

Now hopefully a test fit in the engine compartment soon to check for interference there before the trans. gets bolted up.