Sebring Alpine in Vermont?

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Not too far from me. Worth a peek methinks. . . .

Quite a bit of work randy... And you want to save as much of the original as you can... But you have the skills.. Car needs someone who can do it on their own time. Also needs a few donor parts from some of the updates done after sebring to keep it on track ... Great project for the right custodian.

Not much rust.. But had more hits than just the 12 hour damage

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Raced Pit Repairs

Quite a bit of work randy... And you want to save as much of the original as you can... But you have the skills.. Car needs someone who can do it on their own time. Also needs a few donor parts from some of the updates done after sebring to keep it on track ... Great project for the right custodian.

Not much rust.. But had more hits than just the 12 hour damage

Aged "experienced" race cars are somewhat akin to Geronimo's original hatchet or Trigger's broom. The handles & heads have only been replaced a few times . . . . . . .:p

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Aged "experienced" race cars are somewhat akin to Geronimo's original hatchet or Trigger's broom. The handles & heads have only been replaced a few times . . . . . . .:p

Often true Randy.... But this one has kept much of its original integrity... Should save as much of it as you can
.. Not rushing it out for the next race weekend :cool:

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
What a nice video - I found myself watching the whole thing and not just the Sunbeam part. There was a green Alpine in Monterey for sale this past August, I wonder how many green Alpine race cars there were?

Attachments

• 20170817_183100.jpg
    20170817_183100.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 172

Sunbeam74

Bronze forum user
The old Proctor/Harper Alpine is really complete (bar the engine but what race car has the original engine?) Even the lightweight interior was saved. It provided the patterns for Steve Alcala's car. Seats, oversize gas tank, chronometric tach, dual electricals, etc etc.. It's all there.

Given this is probably the most complete Rootes factory race car, at least in my opinion, it really should be put back to as close to original as possible.

However, it does need a ton of work. And there's the rub... you really have to want to have a factory Sebring Alpine. You won't be the fastest out there but it saving the history is pretty neat. It would be great for running in the VSCCA.

BTW< I have lots of pictures of both this car, the Proctor/Harper Alpine, as well as the Payne/Sheppard Alpine including the little stuff like heat sheilds etc.. If you are interested in the car write and I'll see if I can send a few images.

Steve Silverstein
marlborough, ma

Last edited:

Sunbeam74

Bronze forum user
BTW< the Seacrest Green Alpine that just sold was the replica Alcala used to race. Prior to Steve's purchase of the Payne/Sheppard Sebring Alpine. The replica was a nice car.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Pricey, Yes!

The asking is quite strong. It will make a worth while historical restoration with someone else's wallet. I'm out . . . .:eek:

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thank you; I wear my 'cheap prick' badge of honor proudly . . . . .

Pity randy... The car needs a patient and skillful saviour. Its an important rootes car and part of sunbeam competition history.... Be a good retirement project?

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The Facts Are

Pity randy... The car needs a patient and skillful saviour. Its an important rootes car and part of sunbeam competition history.... Be a good retirement project?

The truth is we are flat out over booked and would not be able to address the project for 2 years, if that.