Another color question

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Hopefully this has not been asked before, but does this look like code 58? If not do you know what color it might be? Thank you.

24xi0z4.jpg

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Might be

But 58 Midnight Blue is darker I think. Hard to tell because there were 5 blues and many Tiger owners would not limit there choice to the factory palette when it came time to paint their Sunbeam the perfect color.

Heck it might be Electric Blue.

Rick

Warren

Gold forum user
Recall

I recall seeing this listed as a 58 code car. It seems rather impossible to tell given monitor settings, and camera and other lighting conditions. Very well done for sale ad.

Kodachrome give those nice bright colors, give us the greens of Summers...

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
colors

many used a ford midnight blue. tiger auto painted the wife's alpine with a saab color that is real close. that was in 1995. the problem today is getting the paint mixed the same two times in a row.

hottigr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
But 58 Midnight Blue is darker I think. Hard to tell because there were 5 blues and many Tiger owners would not limit there choice to the factory palette when it came time to paint their Sunbeam the perfect color.

Heck it might be Electric Blue.

Rick

Electric Blue was actually the name of this color when I painted my first Tiger in the early 70's:

20av235.jpg
[/IMG]

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
Thank you for the replies. The back side of my convertible top boot is similar to this color but a little more milky, but that could have something to do with being 45+ years old.

AshUK

Silver forum user
Thank you for the replies. The back side of my convertible top boot is similar to this color but a little more milky, but that could have something to do with being 45+ years old.

That car is Midnight Blue and looks sharp as may have been repainted and polished? When you stand next to that colour it does look a little milky due to the amount of white in the paint. Forest Green also has the same milky appearance and both of these colours need to be buffed to look their best.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
solid

Does midnight Blue #58 suppose to have any Metallic in it? Or is it a Solid color?

Solid fer sure, and, for lack of a better term, somewhat dark & muddy . . . . .

Attachments

• Mayo interior sealing 002.jpg
    Mayo interior sealing 002.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 108

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Its a solid colour. There was a quartz metallic rootes used colour 127 but its more turquoise