New Gas Tank filler

Travis

Bronze forum user
Is anyone interested in a fix for the gas tank filler? I was getting gas spills down the side of the car each time I filled my tank with the vapor recovery system in Calif. Had some tell me they just pull the boot all the way back & no problem filling the tank, but the shut off does not work that way. If I get enough people interested I will have some more made. I will put a photo on the forum & have posted a photo on the CAT Facebook page.

Last edited by a moderator:

Warren

Gold forum user
Elegant fix

Way more elegant than the rubber hose I cram to the bottom of the tank which allows the vapor to blow back in my direction.

By the way the picture is on Travis's page click on his name and look on his albums.

Doug C

Gold forum user
Will it work on other cars as well? 66 Mustang perhaps? Or 2007 Mustang as putting gas in this car is a pain in the butt, keeps popping off.

Any idea of cost? If affordable 1,2 or even 3.

Cheers, Doug

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
Private Message Tip

A reminder to all that you might use PM as an alternative to the trying to communicate by public posts.

1. It is "private"

2. Posting information like e-mail address or phone number not a good idea! Look at "who's on line sometime. Robotic data collectors are always snooping.

3. The Forum will send (to Travis in this case) an E-mail notice. (Travis may not return to view your posting for days.

Summary: safer surfing and more efficient. Apology to User Names above, No personal offense intended.

Rick
Admin

P.S. Got a question? PM tigerblue

Warren

Gold forum user
Clear Choice

Travis is getting ready to join the vendor forum. These responses have been returned here as part of the lead up to production.

Per my conversation with Travis he is targeting under 40 dollars but that depends on the economies of scale by producing a larger number. He also tells me you can fill on the 3rd click, or pump at fastest speed and that the shut off built into pump functions in its proper manner preventing spillage.

I have attached the pictures and helped by putting it up on Alpine site, SAOCA. I am really interested in seeing my fellow hobby vendors make cool stuff for our community.

I'm not sure how many other states use the Healy style pump but a quick look at other WWW's Like "The HAMB" and others lots of old cars have this problem.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
So far I have had good luck just pulling back on the rubber pump hose. This appears to be a nice solution though.

mwood

Gold forum user
It is hit or miss for me. Some pumps, no problem. Others, gas down the side of the car.
I'd be interested in a solution :)

Travis

Bronze forum user
Hi All, Thanks for the responses...
I am working on the first batch of parts to be $35 picked up at Tigers united in June 2016 & $40 by flat rate priority mail, so you can track the shipment. I am planning on some blue & red Anodize finished parts & some silver / nickel plated parts. Please let me know if you have a color preference.
I made the parts to fit in my gas tank & found some cars at the CAT meeting at Fudrucker's had a smaller opening in their gas tank filler. Planning on making this batch smaller to fit these cars as well. Can anyone measure the gas tank filler diameter right where the chamfer / bevel is at the opening? The O ring seals on the chamfer, not the diameter. Current part is 1.96" & new ones will be 1.94, but want to be sure no one has a smaller opening.

I do not have access to any mustangs, but may be able to make something that will work if you can send some photos & dimensions on the opening diameter.

Thanks!