"Hobby Vendor'

Status
Not open for further replies.

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
I didn't get a chance to voice my opinion further before the 'Vendors' thread was closed so I guess I'll start another thread...:confused:

Responding to a couple thoughts from Doug C.

"Maybe someone can answer this for me — why don’t we allow anyone who is making or has bonifide Tiger parts for sale just post it on the CATS site? I am thinking that one of the purposes of this club is to help keep Tigers stay or get on the road. Also part of this club should be to assist others find what they need to accomplish this task."

ABSOLUTELY!!!!! and for the record, I am totally NOT in favor of fees for 'Hobby' vendors... most are not exactly 'for profit' ventures if your time is worth anything

"Whatever the reason lets be transparent about it."

I thought Warren was being pretty darn transparent in his comments to that thread yesterday but for some ODD reason it was entirely deleted!
He also talked about discussion of the possibility of us 'out of town' members having a vote ( or at least an opinion ) voiced at club meetings... I sent a long email 2 years ago to the then prez of the club and he actually read it out at the meeting... and I heard later it was pretty much 'laughed off' with comments like 'If he wants a vote, why doesn't he come to a meeting" ... I live 1400 miles from L.A. :confused:

I have a few more opinions but won't bother to post them as I expect this post would deleted in... 5......4...3...2...1...Bng

Warren

Gold forum user
Ok bro

What you guys can't see is that I deleted my own thread and it's explanation in the Admin notes. I did it by my own choice. When I was a director I tried to voice the concerns of my Tiger friends near and far away. It wasn't popular but I will always be more concerned with doing the best for all our members. The election meeting happened and board is finishing discussions on it. I have been asked what I think should happen. Please stay tuned ...

Oh PS Doug has been elected as a director and me as V.P.

Hoghead

Gold forum user
"Maybe someone can answer this for me — why don’t we allow anyone who is making or has bonifide Tiger parts for sale just post it on the CATS site? I am thinking that one of the purposes of this club is to help keep Tigers stay or get on the road. Also part of this club should be to assist others find what they need to accomplish this task."

ABSOLUTELY!!!!! and for the record, I am totally NOT in favor of fees for 'Hobby' vendors... most are not exactly 'for profit' ventures if your time is worth anything

I agree with Jim

65sunbeam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Another hobby vendor....

I am also a hobby vendor-and a long distance CAT member for over 40 years. A fellow member and I paid a lot of money and spent much time getting our Tiger and Alpine steering wheel hubs produced as we saw a need for them for our own cars and thought maybe we could help other Sunbeam owners with the extra ones we had made. Ironically, we have not sold a single one through the paid hobby vendor's section of this forum but have sold some on the free TE/AE for sale section as well as on eBay (which is not certainly not free). I think that hobby vendor's products would get more exposure if allowed in the regular for sale section of this forum as we are club members that are not selling parts to make a living-just trying to help the hobby. I also hesitate to list any of my used parts for sale as the tag "sponsoring vendor" is attached to my user name info which may imply I am a business. Thank you, Eric

Warren

Gold forum user
Changed

Guy's lets not make this into a moan and groan fest. There were several inaccuracies posted concerning the vendor forum. Rather than dwell on the past and the the old rules let's focus on the future. I wanted the forum to allow free advertising for members especially hobby ones. I could easily expand to guys that make Sunbeam parts and services . I could go thru the objections of many from one side or the other, it's going to change. Please notice Eric, you are back to Gold Forum Member your objection to the Supporting Vendor is noted as the only one, most viewed it as a badge of distinction.

I think the old board has a few days left to clear up the policy and I am confident the changes will be good for CAT.

Last edited:

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
As far as the voting - I think if we are dues paying members we should ALL get a vote, not just the few that live in SoCal. Just my 2 cents. and I agree with Jim also.

Warren

Gold forum user
Ok

I only know that SAOCA , a internet only club has voting for all paid members regardless of their level of dues payment.
I know this cause I visit and enjoy their forum. Bruce since CAT and your partnership with them has made you way more than .02 cents be happy for the work of others that makes it possible. The by laws provide the rules for voting. I believe that this secondary topic discussion should be moved to the member specific section.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.