News on Archive events and developments

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
News From the Archive

The Archive moved into their own building this past fall. To save money, much of the interior work is being finished by volunteers. Wall partitioning and interior electrical being the most prominent. There is a certain requirement for speed since the official Grand Opening is several months away. (Sunday, April 22nd)

Aside from various members of the Rootes family, the Archive Trustees expect a huge turnout with RSVPs from the clubs indicating that 700 Rootes vehicles will attend. As that news spread, people have started scrambling for reservations at local hotels near Wroxton. Even over here in California various car owners have looked at the extremely attractive round trip air fares from Los Angeles to Heathrow (about $540 on Delta or Virgin Atlantic) and decided to join the party.

bt

Attachments

• RACT Newsletter 10 (002).pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 234

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
flag on the play!

I've received an email saying the expected turnout of Rootes vehicles (not people) should be closer to 300, still it should by far be the largest Rootes event worldwide this year.

bt

spmdr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Just a reminder, The Rootes Archive Grand opening is this Sunday.

I'm a little surprised there has not been an update from Buck going into the event.

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Been busy doing research at the Archive the past few days.

Graham Vickery, Mark Theroux Claudia and myself had dinner tonight with Rosemary Smith. It's late now and the big day is tomorrow. Hope the weather holds out. We're taking tons of pictures for the Saturday night slide show at TU next month.

good nite,

bt
far from the beach