MKll 1967

Hugpoint

Bronze forum user
I just got the barn find about three weeks ago. I'm in the process of removing the interior and looking for what parts are missing off the car. So far I need a radiator , overflow tank and fan shroud carpet set. I have been trying to find out any info on the tiger history. Here are the numbers off the tags. JaL#700165. Tag reads B383100260LRXFE. 2137 A22KK. Code 39. Motor # so 263OA. C6PW6001-CF

Warren

Gold forum user
Lazy man's

Take a picture, then crop it down and re save on your phone. You can build a album on your user page and make it public or private for your contact list as well.

But that said, we do like to see all the other toy's laying about the garage :)

tigresunbeam

Forum Member
1967 mkii

Hunting went well this week , 3 unknown MKII went in my MKII file

260 picture to follow !
508 picture to follow !
611 picture on Ebay !

Gilles

Hugpoint

Bronze forum user
Well heres my problem

Because I tried to correct or edit my attactment photos they keep popping up and I can't get rid of them. Im computer dumb I can't fix it.

Hugpoint

Bronze forum user
Back to my MKlll

Your though. So my car was a barn find and I want to keep it as a surviver car but it needs carpets a new dash panel a door panel that may not make it, It needs a top I have the bow's but the are rusty it wasn't a heated barn. Plus the radiator, overflow tank and shroud were MIA. if I repair what needs to be fix or replace will it still be a surviver car? Or should I just dive in and replace what I can and repaint it.

Last edited:

DD (CA)

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hug survivor

Welcome. As you may expect, there will be plenty of opinions on this. I'll throw some in... as someone who also felt that, although the exterior had been painted (1X) and the motor swapped (2X), the interior had been kept stock and in presentable condition. As the project scope crept larger and larger, I ended up having similar thoughts. How much to keep as-is, how much to replace as-stock, how much to upgrade, etc...

Your intent or "exit strategy" is not yet apparent. Me, my car was Dad's from new and isn't going anywhere in MY time. My kids will have to make a choice. You, you may wish to have it a long time, or might prefer to profit from your find... no sweat with either, but it would definitely play a role in your next decisions.

Many here will ask questions regarding Event categories you may intend to prepare the car for: Survivor, Stock, Personalize, Modified. Each regional club may also have their own detailed rules for these categories.

As has already been stated, "Can only be original once..." We can't see the car and therefore can't make judgment calls on how near to any of these categories you may be.

To that, I'd strongly recommend, regardless of your final intent, to seek the 'council' of a TAC inspector team to document the car and perhaps ask them (3 + are needed for a certification) for their own opinions* after their review.

And... I'd do this RIGHT away, before you even really touch it. I'm serious. Take hundreds of photographs of the current state of the car regardless. You'll not realize how important this may become. If it really is a decent survivor, this could be helpful not only to you but to many of us...

I was probably more diligent about photos and cataloging than many, but still...you always wish you had another angle, etc. Lol... I most certainly removed some items without diligent concern and have harmed my best chance to get it back to 'correct.' I also blew some communication with the service folks that have handled the car, this also could have been avoided. EX: Hey, media blast guys, please do help remove or mask certain areas better than I have.

Of course, we're all dying to see the car, please review the link in the earlier post. OR, I'd be happy to help as well... send me a mail or "PM' on here. The moderators would also be pleased to help.

RE: Computer / Pop-up Image files. Close that window entirely. Close the forum tab in the browser. Try again. Make sure that each file has its own name. If taken with iPhone it may not be. This creates issue of only being able to upload one image at a time.

Hugpoint

Bronze forum user
Mkii photo

Well I sent photos to Warren and because I am using a i-phone he is going to post these pictures for me. As far as the car I pulled the interior out just to clean it and kill all the cridders and get the musty smell out. Pulled all the brakes and components off and rebuilding them. I'm not removing the paint on the booster but I was concerned why it is Red like the rest of the engine compartment. Every photo I have seen they're black and aluminum color.

Hugpoint

Bronze forum user
MKii need help

Parts for my car that are missing are radiator and shoud and overflow tank.

Last edited:

Tweak

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Nice car!

I'm a rookie to this forum and new to Tigers. But to my eye it looks like a restoration project. If you don't do the CAT certification, I would at least start with numbers and see what's what engine, tranny, and rear end wise The overspray in the engine compartment is odd too.

All these cars have a story to tell.

dstephns

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Welcome, and nice car! I think what DD, post #9 said is right on target.
Hope to see more pics in the future.
Dave

Hugpoint

Bronze forum user
I've checked the engine #s and they match the car.

The man that passed had the car for over 40 something years and I think, but can't confirm that he pulled the motor out to freshen it up or just replace the water pump and painted the bracket. This car runs good but it doesn't stop yet and I need to source part. The car only has 45,000 miles

TAH_Tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Nice car!

I'm a rookie to this forum and new to Tigers. But to my eye it looks like a restoration project. If you don't do the CAT certification, I would at least start with numbers and see what's what engine, tranny, and rear end wise The overspray in the engine compartment is odd too.

All these cars have a story to tell.

Do you mean STOA TAC?:)

Hugpoint

Bronze forum user
I'm in the process of having done

I've been in touch with the Washington inspector as we speak to get this done. But he's gone till Friday. I think he may know the car, because it was running around Seattle for a long time.