A arm bushing removal

Phyrman

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Does anyone have a recommendation for a shop in the Los Angeles area to press out the a arm bushings?

Bruce

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Should Be Several Around

Does anyone have a recommendation for a shop in the Los Angeles area to press out the a arm bushings?

Bruce

Just an opinion; but I would ask "malibu" for guidance, OR, take them down to San Diego to Smitty's. Just sayin'/no affiliation etc.

Phyrman

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Trying not to drive down to San Diego
Someone in LA I'm sure can do it

Phyrman

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Already called Dale A...
Hes not taking any new business for awhile

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
I did mine a few years back and it was a good excuse to buy a press... I made 2 pair of 1/8"x 1x1 angle iron pieces ( still have them ) and tie-wrapped them to the pin to keep the 'ears' of the A-arms from collapsing and it's pretty straight forward after that. Are you using Ricks bushings ?? I had an issue with one pair being machined wrong which meant an extra spacer to take up the slack IIRC

norm1

Gold forum user
CAT Member
You will also need some short pieces of pipe and tubing (various IDs and ODs) as press tools (top and bottom).

The Service Manual has some illustrations/instructions...

and be sure to tack the bosses so they don't get pressed out.

Theorangetiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member

Bruce
Peerless Auto parts in Torrance has been around forever and could do this for you. They are one of the few remaining independent places in the area that still does machine shop work. It's a pretty simple job.

Phyrman

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Thanks for all the in put.
Found someone in the club that can do it

Again,
many thanks

Bruce