California Association of Sunbeam Tiger Owners Forum

Go Back   California Association of Sunbeam Tiger Owners Forum > Tiger Technical - Stock > Body
New Threads

Old 01-15-2018, 03:56 PM
Forum Member

Default bezel

One thing to keep in mind when installing the rims is to set the rim flush against the fender but with the peak of the rim turned so that you can slide the retaining pieces in place over the clips at the top without bending or pulling them out. If you have the clip for a screw, use a small punch or screwdriver to line up the rim and clip. In other words don't hang the rim over these clips and then force the bottom in place. Everything gets bent and results in loose fit. You make it easier for the rim to fall off
Old 01-16-2018, 06:42 PM
Forum Member
Member of C.A.T.

Do you have any pictures of how this looks installed?
Old 01-16-2018, 06:57 PM
Forum Member
Member of C.A.T.

Here are pictures with yellow arrows...not sure where the new clip is supposed to attach... am I supposed to remove that riveted spring clip thingy from the inside of my bezel?
Looks like I have a hole drilled in the center between the rivets already... I'm not sure how the clip is supposed to attach to the headlight...
any help, with photos would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bottom -arrow.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	10378   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bezel bottom.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	10379   Click image for larger version

Name:	bezel inside.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	10380  
Old 01-17-2018, 05:13 AM
Forum Member

Default bezel

The easiest solution is to buy new headlight buckets that already have the clip for the screw. Installation is easy. While you're at it you can replace the gasket. The buckets are available from all the usual suppliers.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:03 AM
Administrator
Member of C.A.T.

Default Spainin

I can't seem to splain it without looking at your pictures but I'll try.

The new clip little holes hook on to two little prongs .

That's what I remember I have a box o buckets try to snap a few pictures today or this weekend.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:18 PM
Administrator
Member of C.A.T.

Default Long time

Remove the old clip by unfolding the little tabs. The new screw type clip has small tabs that go into the little 3/16" holes. I think I crimped them tighter and cleaned and put a dab of epoxy. I also use the same JB weld to fill old riveted holes thend a little Bondo. I marked the position of the screw hole with two pieces of blue tape to mark outside edges of the screw. Use the smallest pilot drill and a small ruler to shoot for the center of the screw hole in your new clip. Go slow and the soft zinc bezels drill easily.
My spare buckets look just like your pictures. I had to go look at mine just to stir the grey matter and remember.

Been trying to put that whole thing out of my mind... Black car ended up with chrome rings then rattle canned a set of MK2 rings then finally had a set and my hood and my hardtop resprayed kind of a snowball effect but with a rolling ring.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:42 PM
Forum Member
Member of C.A.T.

I think part of the problem is I don't know where the I am supposed to drill the hole in the bezel, is it coming up from the bottom where my bezel already has a hole?

Do I remove the tab that is riveted on the bezel and use the hole it is covering?

Is this correct placement of the tab on the bucket? Do you bend tab up, red arrow?
Old 01-21-2018, 05:08 PM
Forum Member
Member of C.A.T.

bezel saga continued...

So I installed the clip from Sunbeam Specialties where the old spring clip was on the light bucket. Hooks, yellow arrows, come through from behind. I then bent the tab, red arrow, up approx 90-100 degrees up. PICTURE A

Here is the bezel on the car, no bulb, before I removed the clip from the bezel. The red arrow is where the hole is on my bezel. Note how I bent the new clip from Sunbeam Specialties up, yellow arrow, trying to make it parallel with the inside surface of the bezel. PICTURE B

Picture of the existing hole on my bezel that was under the clip. The ruler is as flush as possible against the bezel. The hole is centered between 6/16 and 7/16 of an inch from the bottom. PICTURE C

The hole lined up with the clip pretty well, I left some play in the clip on the bucket so I had wiggle room. The hole that I had on my bezel was sunk so the screw I got from the hardware store ended up fairly flush. PICTURE D

Finished! I am gonna test it and see if I can shake it loose before I repair and repaint it. Hope my saga can make it easier for others!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	light bucket with clip.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	10409   Click image for larger version

Name:	bezel installed screw no headlight.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	10410   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bezel bottom hole measurement.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	10411   Click image for larger version

Name:	bezel installed screw pic.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	10412   Click image for larger version

Name:	bezel finished.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	10413  

Last edited by Roadpir8; 01-21-2018 at 06:51 PM. Reason: pictures not displaying