Kansas City Peeps...Bill Smith Museum next Sat.

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
Any other Tigers want to join the Cobra guys on a drive?

Here is the information for our trip to the Bill Smith Museum next Saturday, August 23.

We will meet at the McDonalds in Platte City, Mo and depart from there about 7:30 am. The McDonalds is located on the NW corner of the intersection of I-29 and highway 92. There is a gas station just to the north of the McDonalds if you need gas.

We will make a rest stop at the truck stop at the intersection of I-29 and 2 highway just across the river from Nebraska City. This is about a 1 hour and 45 minute drive from Platte City. (Harlan, I think you said that would be making the trip to the museum with us, so if you could meet us there that would be perfect.) If you don’t think you can make it that far without stopping, let me know before we leave and we can probably find a rest area to stop at. There are not a lot of places to stop on I-29.

We should arrive at the museum by about 10:30 or 11:00, depending on the number of stops we have to make.

After the tour we will head back to Nebraska City. Harlan Suedmeier, one of our members who lives in Nebraska City has graciously offered to provide lunch for us.

For those who would like to take a leisurely drive back to KC, we can take US73 south out of Nebraska City and come down through Atchison and Leavenworth. It will take about 30 minutes longer than I-29, but it’s a nice drive. If you prefer, you can take 2 east to I-29.

Remember, the tour is not free. It will cost $10 per person unless we have fewer than 20 people. If we have fewer we will divide the cost evenly. The club has already sent a check to the museum to cover 20 people, so if everyone can pay Fran before we leave Platte City that would be helpful. We can then reimburse the club and pay the museum for any in excess of 20 that we may have.

Many of us will be taking our Cobra’s and the weather currently looks nice so join us for a great road trip. If the weather becomes iffy, the trip is still on, just bring your daily driver.

Al