347 and/or high HP engine guys (PCV?)

aussie rob

Bronze forum user
Final performance update -

Drove 2.5 hours at 70+ MPH today and made 8 (thrash the crap out of it) Auto-X runs.

Breather is still bone dry with no indication of oil burn at all. Before this fix, would have had oil all over the drivers side valve cover.

SUCCESS!

Great news Duke... I noticed that the pcv valve had a second outlet. What did you do with that port?

Thanks, Robin.

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
Duke,

Congratulations!:D

No doubt the biggest part of the solution is the right sized PCV valve you found, in light of Buck's recommendation. Gave you the vacuum to keep the oil from being blown out the breather cap.

The PCV baffle attachment is supposed to cut down on oil consumption within the engine itself. Probably hard to tell from past experience if loss of oil was from being blown out of the breather (and/or past the rear main seal into the bell housing) or actual being burned in the engine. Could you tell from this latest test if there was any (how much) loss of oil volume in the crank case? If none or minimal, that could also mean your rear main seal problem is also fixed as well as no meaningful oil burn off too.

Gene

BTW, we are all eagerly awaiting the details on your autocross runs. Video at 10? :D

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
BTW, we are all eagerly awaiting the details on your autocross runs. Video at 10? :D

Thread was moved to the Events and Shows area - http://catmbr.org/VB_forum/showthread.php?t=1547

Time will tell with oil consumption, front main is no longer leaking and I am still not sure with rear main as I have a oil pan leak at the rear that I need to address. Looks like no more oil is being blown out the bellhousing though.