TKO600 RR in a Tiger

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
Okay it's time for an update !!! Trans is in the Tiger and looking good. Here is a piture of the unit before installation.We won't be doing road tests till mid week.

Moondoggie

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks for the updates pics.. are there any shots of it with the shifter installed.. and shots of it in the car?

If it was put in on a hoist.. some shots of the install from underneath would be really useful.

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
Thanks for the updates pics.. are there any shots of it with the shifter installed.. and shots of it in the car?

If it was put in on a hoist.. some shots of the install from underneath would be really useful.

Micheal......
Pictures will be coming and the shifter comes out in the right location. We are under some pressure to get the car done for the concours on the avenue during the Monterey Historic race week Tuesday August 14th so that is taking
priority right now. I can tell you that it goes in a stock tunnel without
having to resize it and the shifter comes out in the right location and there are no mods needed for the transmssion mounts. The drive shaft is a larger dia to take the torque of the trans limit of 600 ft/lbs and fits just fine. The transmission sits in it's designed straight up location and there is plenty of access to drain plugs for normal maintenance.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I am liking everything i am hearing! Will be nice to see it. Your car will look great, and some unique detailing with the HSC style bonnet rather than the LAT one.

Were you doing more finishing/detailing to the motor before the install as in the rocker covers, thermo housing and bellhousing?

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
After having a 5 speed in my last Tiger I miss that overdrive gear. I am curious to see how this turns out.

Tiger tamer

Gold forum user
comaprison

I thought I would post this pic I have of the normal TKO600 as a comparison to the one for the Tiger
c069d129.jpg

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
Thanks for posting the picture of the standard TKO I don't happen to have one
handy. There is quite a bit of machine work that is done to that last shifter location and it is stepped down about half way. The side shifter is very slick
and amazingly simple and you have full access to the shifter in the tunnel
should you ever have to do a service in that area. I have posted another
picture of the Tiger TKO that shows more detail and later on tonight I can post
a few more pictures taken from inside with the shifter installed and an under side shot to show cleanly it sit's in the tunnel. We are still a few days away
from being able to drive the car but it should be road worthy by the weekend
still lot's to do........

Right now if you are interested in a TKO for your Tiger contact Bill Martin @ Rootes Group Depot while we are finishing up the engineering and the plan is to have these available from Modern Driveline direct. Both a TKO 500 & TKO 600 are planned. I choose the 600 because Bigger is alway better !!

Moondoggie

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Nice.... one of Pauls 7K tach faces too. Is the dash a prestige autowood dash? looks really nice.

Moondoggie

Gold forum user
Michael,

The speedo was done by Palo Alto speedo using artwork supplied by Bill Martin
we used an alpine tach body rather than mod my original Tiger tach. Yes the dash is perfect you can't see the nos clock and I have already posted pictures of the LAT 70 radio housing that will be going in the car. This has become a no expense bared restoration and I feel a little guilty because Bill keeps putting my old parts up against the car and saying..."nope wouldn't do here we'll use these nos parts I have over here......." The car takes your breath away when you see it in person !!!

Moondoggie

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Is that an invitation for you to bring the car down here for me to look at.. or do i have to come to it ? :) You can tell even from the pics there is a lot of attention to detail.. im sure it will be one impressive car.