67 Tiger II on "Counting Cars"

Mark P

Bronze forum user
I was just watching Counting Cars on the History Channel and while driving through a Las Vegas neighborhood they (Danny aka The Count) came upon a 67 Tiger MKII with the the proper grille, wheel opening and rocker mldgs. It was red with a black factory hardtop, it also has a LT style hood which open at the based of the windshield. They approached the owner "Rick" about buying it and he declined their offer of $25k but would sell it for $35K. No Sale took place. Any one familar with this car/owner (Rick or Rich)? The episode title is "Major League Muscle" Counting Cars airs on the History Channel, next airing of the episode appears to be Tue. 3-18 at 8pm on HistoryHD or Tues 3-18 at 11pm.
Thought it was interesting episode and may be worth watching.
Looks like their maybe a Tiger MarkII available in Las Vegas.
Good luck.
MarkP

George Simpson

Gold forum user
Counting Cars

I also seen same episode. Danny Koker (The Count) missed the oportunity to easily double his money.:eek:

Duke Mk1a

Gold forum user
That show is fake as hell.....100% staged. I also wish the "count" would go to the gym or stop wearing sleeveless shirts.

1fineAlpine

Silver forum user
I was just watching that for the first time last night, but didn't see that episode. Duke, damn near EVERYTHING on tv is fake or staged these days lol. I begin to question the news sometimes too! :p

66TigerMK1A

Gold forum user
That's pretty cool!

The car is owned by Rick Edwards who used to work for the Mustang Ranch in Santa Clara which is a Mustang specialty shop that still exists today . I have a 4 page invoice ($7k !) from a P.O. of work done to my car back in 1982 at that shop including installing a 6 bolt HIPO engine with a modified Lakewood bellhousing. The bellhousing was actually signed and dated " Custom installed by Rik Edwards ?/?/82 " !! Norm gave me some contact info for him in Las Vegas and I called him a few years back and he mentioned he still had a MKII that had been on stands for a long time... don't see many with dual fours !!

Jim
B382000446

Last edited:

Warren

Gold forum user
Churning Classic Cars show should be called.

The MK2 owner left out the 100,000 in a good attempt at another 15 minutes of fame :) It seems sellers on these shows Picker's etc. just want their time in the sun.

A long time member will be selling his MK2 soon. Hardly the type to churn up a lifetime labor of love, guy's buy provenance as well as all the right curves. As the CAT site say's stay tuned, :cool:

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Coming East

Word thru the grapevine has it the "Counting Cars" MK II was sold and is being shipped to new owner in Ormond Beach, Fla. Intention is not to restore the critter, but make it into a healthy driver for enjoyment.

George Simpson

Gold forum user
Counting Cars

:)Episode on tonight 03-21-2014 at 10.00 PM west coast time. (tune in early Sunbeam Tiger first 5 minutes only) History channel