1967 Tiger 382002631

lee

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Hello, my name is Lee and I recently inherited a 1967 Sunbeam Tiger. Southern Ca. car. My brother bought the car in 1977 or 78 and drove it occasionally. In 1992 he hit a curb, bent something and parked it in his garage. It has sat for 30 plus yrs. A few years back he took out the front steering and suspension and never got back to it. I believe the motor is a 302. My goal is to put it back on the road. Immediate needs are fixing the steering and suspension new brake system, lines, master cylinder and all associated parts. I'm sure the motor need help after sitting for so long. He did start it on occasion. I'm not sure about anything else, I just know it was drivable when parked. I'm not looking for a ground up resto, just to make it road worthy. I'm looking for a shop in the Sacramento area. Not pretty it's been sitting for 30 yrs. Any thoughts would help.

IMG_0082.jpg

o2bdriving

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Hello, my name is Lee and I recently inherited a 1967 Sunbeam Tiger. Southern Ca. car. My brother bought the car in 1977 or 78 and drove it occasionally. In 1992 he hit a curb, bent something and parked it in his garage. It has sat for 30 plus yrs. A few years back he took out the front steering and suspension and never got back to it. I believe the motor is a 302. My goal is to put it back on the road. Immediate needs are fixing the steering and suspension new brake system, lines, master cylinder and all associated parts. I'm sure the motor need help after sitting for so long. He did start it on occasion. I'm not sure about anything else, I just know it was drivable when parked. I'm not looking for a ground up resto, just to make it road worthy. I'm looking for a shop in the Sacramento area. Not pretty it's been sitting for 30 yrs. Any thoughts would help.

View attachment 14620
Welcome, Lee. If you're located in SoCal, you will have access to lots of local Tiger owners. The more pics and parts you provide, the better that help can be.

Warren

Gold forum user
Wow I remember that car. Plus the previous posting.To bad your brother didn't get to enjoy the car again . Sorry for your loss but it's good that you can carry on with the car.
Back in my miss spent youth we used a pull dozer to straighten bent car metal. 3/4 of an inch isn't much . But starting with the wheelbase measurements it's , would you believe 86 in. As for the motor is it wet and are the tanks filled with old fuel? Welcome and please know we love these stories. Hopefully you will be able to do the Doctor Frankenstein it's alllllive it's alllllllllive

lee

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Warren, thanks for your info and photos It will be helpful. He never got around to fixing it. I would like to try to put it back on the road.

Warren

Gold forum user
They weren't my photos but I probably moved the thread at some time to my Tiger's story. If a picture has a blank link it's cuz the hosting site is no longer functioning. If you have the shop manual there's some measurements that would help. Otherwise I can shoot a picture of the shop manual to get you in the ball park.

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Lee,

It is good to hear about and see photographic evidence of a Tiger clawing its way back onto the road. Thanks for sharing and good luck with the final touches!

Warren

Gold forum user
So interesting and thanks for following up. If you have those wheels off be nice to see their look on the inside.
The car is only second to a local car with 930 Porsche flares.