5 Lug Hub? Just wondering

Doug C

Gold forum user
I think that this has been done, so I thought I'd ask what difficulty would I have (including approximate costs) if wanted to go from a bolt pattern of 4 lug to 5 lug. Much appreciated - Doug

Last edited by a moderator:

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Doug Jennings has rear hubs that can be drilled to most any pattern you like. He might have fronts as well. I've never asked him.

bt
at the beach

PITT40

Gold forum user
I converted mine.

I was lucky enough to find an old Tiger rearend that was already 5 lug for drag racing. It had hubs that looked similar and they appear to be made by a good machinist. I have also heard that Studebakers used Dana 44 rears with the same hub and they can be used. Also, old CJ5 Jeeps might work, but they use a bigger bolt pattern like Ford trucks. Doug Jennings has those blank hubs and they are $250 each.

For the front, old Mustangs, Mavericks, Granadas, etc uses the same outer bearing as a Sunbeam. But the inner bearing on a Sunbeam is smaller. Plus the Sunbeam has a very deep hub with that large hat that sits the wheels outward. So it was very easy to take dimensions off a Mustang and make a spacer that fits onto the Sunbeam spindle and accepts the Mustang inner bearing. Then you can use the Ford rotors but will have to convert the calipers to something that fits the wider caliper than the thin Sunbeam. I converted my car to Brembos from a Porsche.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
I sold a Tiger front crossmember last year that was set up with a 5 bolt pattern. It looked like they took the 4 studs out of the hub, used 1 original hole and drilled 4 new ones. The guy I got it from said it worked fine for years, and there was no sign of any cracking. Just a thought.....

gasser guy

Bronze forum user
5 lug hubs

I have a spare pair 5 lug 4 1/2 pattern ft hubs and rotors if your interested. send me your e mail add I will send you some pics .I upgraded to the speedway brake set up.. gasser guy