67 Tiger valve cover tag

canomkr

Bronze forum user
Can anybody tell me where I can find the “S.O. Number” and the “Model” of my car as these 2 designations are missing from the valve cover tag on my car. The tag has deteriorated over the years. I only have the VIN number, the JAL number and CHASSIS number.

Ty, Rich

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Can anybody tell me where I can find the “S.O. Number” and the “Model” of my car as these 2 designations are missing from the valve cover tag on my car. The tag has deteriorated over the years. I only have the VIN number, the JAL number and CHASSIS number.

Ty, Rich
What is the Vin of your car, need a place to start so other numbers can be found.

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thanks. The number is B382100169LRXFE
The top number on this valve cover tag is your engine number, same number you find on your VIN tag.
Bottom left and bottom right seem to be the same numbers throughout Mkll production from info that I have. C6PW-6001-CF Is bottom left, and bottom right is SO-2630A

F863C36C-38B2-4CB2-A100-538B594D8ED6.jpeg

canomkr

Bronze forum user
Thank you sooo much. I'll post pics as soon as I take a few new ones. Not much to see right now. Car has been off the road for 10 years, since hurricane sandy. Have the car for over 40 years. Was a runner before sandy.

tiger on lift.jpg

ABSunbeams

Gold forum user
What # matches the engine tag to the valve cover tag? Mine do not seem to match that.

0C24A66B-7515-47FA-90AF-16847577A647.jpeg

B071DE98-8545-4A0F-8025-D9C47F2121E1.jpeg

60AB85D2-76B1-494C-AB60-11FAEB4BF725.jpeg

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
What # matches the engine tag to the valve cover tag? Mine do not seem to match that.
ABSunbeams, your Sunbeam valve cover tag is correct from what I can see in the picture. The Ford engine tag (skinny tag) should not be confused with the valve cover sticker “Sunbeam” engine number . The Ford tag gave engine displacement, model year, change level, date code and engine number. Your engine number on the VIN tag should match the engine number on the valve cover sticker, and yes the skinny aluminum tag it is a stand alone Ford engine production tag and is correct also.

A86187C4-AC48-4147-9154-D58643DABABC.jpeg

Last edited:

theo_s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
@ABSunbeams it seems like your engine still has most or all of its original build tags. Ron Fraser (on the tigers@autox.team.net mailing list) has been collecting engine build tag info for a long time and if you haven't talked to him already he would probably be grateful for the info and also help you figure out any details that can be gleaned from the tags on your car.

Warren

Gold forum user
Ron F. is here on CAT please see screenshot below.
Screenshot_20230107-095128.png

As I recall the MK2 tags are different than the ET104 Sunbeam Specialties replacement. My cars came without the stickers. The chrome ones are $$$ to re plate yet $$ to buy new. Then there's the age old how to match the font on the original sticker when applying a replacement. Typewriter keys or old vintage stamps or w/e hardware stores offer.

Back to the engine numbers. Norm et al have been quoted as saying that the MK2 build dates were more traceable than the garden variety 260 Tiger motor. The build dates being all within a year range. Build dates casting dates and under oil pan and on the main bearings.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Thank you sooo much. I'll post pics as soon as I take a few new ones. Not much to see right now. Car has been off the road for 10 years, since hurricane sandy. Have the car for over 40 years. Was a runner before sandy.

View attachment 16646
Wow.. Looks like it had been an original car...can see the black on the sills and the vynil decals, assume it saw a lot of water during Sandy 😥...

Good luck on getting it sorted.. Ask lots of questions .. Lots of great people on here and helpful parts hunters