Alpines needing a home

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
I got this message/tip from an Orange County Member who attended the Fab Fords forever Show in Buena Park. No affiliation. Smilies added

Hi Rick.

We had our car at the all Ford show at Knotts ( which was very good) and had 2 gentleman give me phone no.'s for Alpines for sale. Maybe you can put in Tiger Tales as some members may want them for parts or to fix up.

One is a '63 with a decent body that has a 8" Ford rear end and something done to the front end. He has to get rid of it so it can be had for hauling away. :eek: He is Les Freeman at 909-270-9501

The other is a driver in decent condition and it's a 64 SII for around $1500. Name is James ? at 714-504-8948. :cool:

By the way, there was only my car and a black Tiger at the show. I thought that there would be more there as the Cobras were featured.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Does that mean the SII is titled as a 1964 car?... or that it's a 1964 Sunbeam which might be a late S3 or early SIV? I am tipping if its actaully a 1964 car it's likely to be S3 due to the fins.. might be worth checking out for those close.

cobrakidz

Gold forum user
There was a white Tiger and a black one at Knott's. I wanted to ask the owner of the white one how he got the front so low. I am still leaning towards a coilover set up, need to get it back from paint first.
Good deal on the Alpines if someone needs one.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
home

michael,
most if not all imports here were titled for the year they were sold. i bought my MGB new in 1968 but the car was built in early spring of 1967. my series 4 was built in 1964 but is titled 1965 since it was bought in april of 1965. who knows!

TigerBlue

Gold forum user
1967 Mk1A

TigerBlue is a 1967 "Rootes" according to CA DMV. A late production 1966 car.

I suspect the convention of U S Made autos for the next (new model) year being introduced in October (previous year) had opened the door for Rootes dealers to start selling 1967 Sunbeams (same as the 66) after October 1st.

Just my conclusion.

Rick