Brake bleeding sequence

IvaTiger

Gold forum user
So I am almost ready to bleed my completely restored braking system on my Tiger. I have both the original Rootes workshop manuals for both the Alpine and Tiger and assume they use both the same rear brake cylinders and front calipers. The manual for the Tiger says to start bleeding with the front left caliper then the front right and finish with the rear left cylinder. BUT for the Alpine you start with the rear left then front right and finish with the front left which is the complete opposite.
I have always with past cars done it the Alpine way furthest first.
I am bypassing the servo and am asking for feedback as to what way it should be done for the Tiger and if the systems are the same for the Alpine and the Tiger why is the sequence different?
Thanks

Theorangetiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I think you could do it either way and be fine. I've never had any trouble bleeding my Tiger. I do start with the rears on any car because it just seems logical to me.

My guess would be nothing more than manuals written by different people. Aren't the brake systems on Tigers and late Alpines virtually identical?

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
I think you could do it either way and be fine. I've never had any trouble bleeding my Tiger. I do start with the rears on any car because it just seems logical to me.

My guess would be nothing more than manuals written by different people. Aren't the brake systems on Tigers and late Alpines virtually identical?
The brake systems are basically the same with the exception of the rears on some of the series 5 Alpines.

start at the rear. I've found that the easiest (and cleanest) way is to connect each bleeder, in turn, to a rubber vacuum hose submerged in a mason jar of brake fluid. this will allow you to bleed the system by yourself and be able to see when all the air has been purged