Camber setting

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
What camber and toe do you all suggest? The manual says 0 degrees camber. That seems odd since most cars need -1 to -2 degrees or so.

I will say the handling of the tiger is unlike any car I have driven. I know the front geometry is weird with the ackerman angles and the huge difference in top and bottom a arm lengths.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Well.. iirc the sunbeams are neutral to maybe 0.5+ camber?

I run -1° neg and have zero toe in.. I increased the castor to help with self centring...but it's been so long I can't recall the figures.

What wheels/tyres are you running?

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I have essentially Lat 70 13" (actually Western Dan Gurney) wheels with 185/70-13 tyres.

I have never driven a Tiger except the one I have so I have no experience. I have dropped the front end to 24" to the fender 550# springs and I have a 7/8" sway bar. It looks good and runs very straight with no issues. Cornering is a unique feeling in a Tiger. I only have 200 miles on it and not much at speed.

theo_s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Remember that the factory alignment settings were likely aimed at obtaining good tire life and safe(ish) predictable handling characteristics for street driving with 5.90” wide bias ply tires on 4.5 inch rims.
Since you may not have any of those, your target alignment settings will likely be different from factory spec.

There have been numerous articles published by CAT, STOA, and other clubs about how to achieve more performance oriented behavior from the front suspension but there are numerous weak points so you have to be diligent in performing any modifications to ensure you get reliability and safety as well as a fun driving experience.