Cubby Box??

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
You might give Curt at Classic Sunbeam a call. He's in New York. 607-432-2662

Warren

Gold forum user
The stock ones didn't have those big giant ugly staples on all the repops. A little black paint will go a long way to make them less noticable.

Warren

Gold forum user
Considering we don't have a lot of choice. The stapled one is all that available at least it's made out of mostly proper cardboard if you wanted one for your Volkswagen all you could get would be a plastic or fiberglass one.

KettleCarver

Gold forum user
Well, I finally got my hands on a cubby box. Does anyone have some tips and tricks on how to install one properly?

It appears that you have to bend tabs back and attach it behind the dash. However, It does not fill up the opening. The right side is too short.

Also, my car never had a cubby, so I don't know how the attached clips are supposed to be mounted. Do they just go behind the box to add additional support? Or do they slide underneath the box and hold it in place from the inside?

Thanks for the help.

Marty

Cubby clips.jpg

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Yes it does fit the opening, be patient. Start with the furthest dash mount screw hole (the smaller of the
4) and install a temporary thin bolt w/nut. I work my way around the box with #6 X 3/8" panhead wood screws while holding the cardboard flush with the opening at each screw location. It will be stubborn but it does fit if you move in sequence. The single support clip in your pix is for the bottom unsupported center. Amen
1618880142008.png