Dan Walters Torque Arm – as received (unused)

Fordlandia

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Out of production (AFAIK) traction device designed and built by Dan Walters.

Photos taken today (1/29/2024). The parts bag is as received, never been opened. Purchased directly from Dan Walters, but never installed. Includes instructions received from Dan. He stamped a “serial number” on it: 0182.

Asking $280 plus shipping. Note: I am likely to “rearrange” the parts to balance the weight in the shipping box. I will provide a figure for shipping before payment. As finally packaged, I estimate 18 pounds. PayPal OK if you use “family and friends” to send payment (all Tiger and Alpine owners are my friends!).

Happy to answer questions and/or send more photos.

Bill
fordlandia@sbcglobal.net
Grand Rapids, MI 49546

Attachments:

20240129_162606 small.jpg
20240129_162630 small.jpg
20240129_162904 small.jpg
20240129_162310 small.jpg
20240129_162250 small.jpg

Last edited:

spmdr

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Bill is correct, I am making an effort to be retired.

I don't expect to make any more Tiger Torque Arms.

That is unit 182 out of 250.

DW

Fordlandia

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Thanks, I have a full price offer pending payment. I think it is a fair price, too. I owned (for more than 43 years) two Tigers. One (my Mark 2 purchased in 1978 in Denver, CO) is fully restored. I did all of the work except for the paint. Took me almost 20 years to complete. I purchased a Mark 1 Tiger (Midnight Blue) in 1979 (also in Denver) and kept it until a couple of years ago. At 75 years old I realized I was unlikely to restore it, so I sold it to a friend who happens to be an auto painting / restoration expert. At the United this past year (Bowling Green) he placed 2nd in the personalized class. I may be buying it back (after selling the Mark II). Photos of my Mark 2 and the Mark 1 are attached. I have been "Tiger Crazy" since seeing one shut down a tri-power 389 Pontiac on Outer Drive Avenue in Dearborn, Michigan when I was about 17 years old (1965). Will be listing parts here once in a while over the next year or so.

Regards,

Bill

MARK_II_TIGER_AT_GILMORE_CAR_MUSEUM.jpeg

CU2A4366.JPG

Fordlandia

Silver forum user
CAT Member
The torque arm has been sold, pending payment (not yet received as of 2/2/2024). I will update if it is still available. Thanks!

Bill