Fuel pump wire routing.

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Does someone have a photo of the original fuel pump supply wire? I know the wire is white, but I don't know how it is routed or whether is is taped up or just the wire, since it is a single wire.

Warren

Gold forum user
The ones I have seen have a white wire with a black plastic covering.
I realize that you are stock but I would likely consider the MK2 location.

KenF

Gold forum user
Does someone have a photo of the original fuel pump supply wire? I know the wire is white, but I don't know how it is routed or whether is is taped up or just the wire, since it is a single wire.
Here's what mine looks like. Yeah, fuel pump over the muffler gives you something to think about.

IMG_8043.JPG

Warren

Gold forum user
I just moved mine . It wasn't a problem till it was . Luckily it was less than 300 miles on a new Holley Red and in the garage.

pfreen

Gold forum user
CAT Member
The issue I have is how it is routed in the interior of the car. It breaks out of the loom at the driver's side close to the handbrake. From there, it goes to the pump, but I don't know how. I know it is beneath the carpet. KenF photo shows the wire in a sheath of some kind.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
The issue I have is how it is routed in the interior of the car. It breaks out of the loom at the driver's side close to the handbrake. From there, it goes to the pump, but I don't know how. I know it is beneath the carpet. KenF photo shows the wire in a sheath of some kind.
There is a hole in the vertical bulkhead behind the driver's seat that the wire passes thru. you'll see some welded bend tabs that keep the wire in place. the wire passes through the horizontal bracing on the backside of the rear bulkhead and comes out near the fuel pump as shown in Ken's photo above. There is a black pvc sleeve on the white wire.

65beam

Gold forum user
CAT Member
There is a hole in the vertical bulkhead behind the driver's seat that the wire passes thru. you'll see some welded bend tabs that keep the wire in place. the wire passes through the horizontal bracing on the backside of the rear bulkhead and comes out near the fuel pump as shown in Ken's photo above. There is a black pvc sleeve on the white wire.
It looks like Jenson probably used the same routing and opening intended to bring the Alpine battery cable into the interior of the car because on many Alpines the battery cable was secured to the inside of the sill and then passed thru the fire wall to connect to the starter solenoid mounted to the left of the master cylinders.. The tabs were used to secure the cable to the body before it passed thru the frame and into the car. Alpines with the external ignition resistor had a white wire that ran from the solenoid to the coil and put a full 12 volts to the coil for cold starting. This wire ran across the bulkhead and had a black cover over it that looks similar to the Tiger fuel pump voltage feed cover. I've used shrink tubing over the years for covering this wire and I do not heat the tubing to shrink it. It looks identical to the many original wires that I have. I have a couple Alpines with electric fuel pumps mounted to the rear floor under the car and between the battery box on the right side of the car and the white wire is run thru tabs holding the battery cable and appears to be the same route as the Tiger and my wire also has the tubing on it. The wire runs thru the same grommet used for the battery cable.