Wanted HD Heater Core

Ron

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Does anyone have for sale or can anyone tell me where I can buy one of the heavy duty heater cores that were sold by Dale's Restorations? Mine was lost in a fire.

Ron

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
I just use the ones from Sunbeam Specialties... never had any issue with them
Thanks. I didn't know whether or not they would hold up to a 20 pound cap that you can run with Dale's radiator/ header tank combo.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Thanks. I didn't know whether or not they would hold up to a 20 pound cap that you can run with Dale's radiator/ header tank combo.
That would be a good question for Rick. I run a 13lb cap with no issue. I have at least 3 leaking cores around here somewhere, I hate to throw stuff away! My radiator guy always tells me it'd be more expensive to fix what I have. I would guess the pressure issue comes down to one of design or of what type solder is used.

Another option would be to see if someone like Ron Davis could build one in aluminum. I'm not a huge fan of alloy radiators, mostly because they can't be repaired, but as they are perimeter welded I would think they could take the pressure.

Ron

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
That would be a good question for Rick. I run a 13lb cap with no issue. I have at least 3 leaking cores around here somewhere, I hate to throw stuff away! My radiator guy always tells me it'd be more expensive to fix what I have. I would guess the pressure issue comes down to one of design or of what type solder is used.

Another option would be to see if someone like Ron Davis could build one in aluminum. I'm not a huge fan of alloy radiators, mostly because they can't be repaired, but as they are perimeter welded I would think they could take the pressure.
Thank You !! Maybe it was Ron Davis that built the radiators for Dale. I also have two originals with the ends bulged out; I'm therefore afraid to use them with the 20 lb. cap.