LAT Hood

Cal44

Gold forum user
I just have to tell someone. I just ordered an LAT hood for my Tiger that I haven't bought yet. Insane you say!

We have a fellow here in San Diego that makes (IMO) the best hoods on the planet.

And, if I never get my Tiger, I'll hang that darn hood on the wall they're so nice.
He also does early Shelby hoods for those with a early Shelby.

Cal44

Gold forum user
No. But very close. Its all about the craftsmanship. Did I mention this guy makes fiberglass airplane parts as well?
Wait until I get it and I will post pictures. Trust me, if it doesn't measure up then I will be the first to scream foul.
Will take about a month.
He has done one for me before, ten years ago.

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
LAT Bonnets

One of the times I was stumbling thru Smitty's "Beam" Empire in Sandy Eggo, he had a number of forever on-going projects with LAT bonnets. Each one that I examined was formed a bit differently than the other. Smitty told me that 2 were done by a local expert glass guy, who must be the person you are referring to. The more consistent fabrication we have used comes from Jeff H. and we've been very pleased with the results.

Cal44

Gold forum user
In the hood........

Four months later but well worth the wait. I just love the smell of resin in the morning.........

Kent Wilcox strikes again! The hood is beyond my expectations.

vxn209

New forum user
that hood looks great. I would like to contact Kent Wilcox. Do you ghave a phone number or email.
Thanks
John
Fairport, NY