Little Beast in the Northland

tundratiger67

Bronze forum user
When I was a kid growing up in the 60's, my older brother brought home first a red 61 Sunbeam Alpine, then a green 65 Tiger while he was in the service. He didn't keep them long and moved on to the popular all-American muscle cars of the day. Years later I was looking for a restoration project and stumbled upon a 67 Tiger for sale in the Chicago area via the internet (this was 1995). It was in rough shape but with amazingly little rust for a Midwest vehicle.

I trailered it home to Minnesota and began what I thought would be a 3-year restoration project. Ten years, 3 kids and a couple of job changes later, I finally got it back on the road. The rebuilt Ford 260 V-8 is paired with a stout 4-speed toploader and gives the little beast plenty of get-up-n-go. My goal was to return it to stock condition and, as you can see in the pictures, it's looking pretty darn close to original.

Only by coincidence is it the same green color of my brother's Tiger from some 40 years ago. Now living in northern Minnesota, it gets out to stretch its paws only about 3 months a year. Guess that helps preserve it's value for my kids who hopefully will be the next generation to preserve this rare example of Anglo-American automotive history.