Mark 1a obtained from Hilo, Hi before August 2015 now almost completely restored.

1949FL

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Came over from Hilo in a cargo container, several years restoring and working f/t. Now semi-retired and able to spend more time on finishing. Anyway the car went from Hilo to Honolulu, then by container ship to San Francesco, then on to LA; across the country by rail to St Louis and flat bed truck to mid-Missouri and a new home. Great car, engine completely rebuilt, tranny refurbed, rear posi added, with wildwood front disks and stock drums rear. DuPont Chroma Premier Forest green (86) with really nice clear coat, 3 layers. Drives great, very selective about when as I still have to add grounds to turn and brake lights. Hard top restore next...
66 Tiger at St Mary's (3).jpg
Tiger at Shelbyfest.jpg
1966 tiger in shop (2).jpg

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
You have a beautiful car and the care in the restoration shows. Are those other two gentlemen in your photo the guys who helped in all that work?

Warren

Gold forum user
Nice , I've been working on the hardtop myself . It's not a lot of fun. Fortunately I got the Mrs to help me carry it into the master bedroom and wrap it on the king size bed now that's how you work on it when it's upside down. Of course with that overly clean garage that you seem to have you probably have room for a nice table that's padded :) I've got some spares corner pads and rubber bits and pieces if you need something.

1949FL

Silver forum user
CAT Member
You have a beautiful car and the care in the restoration shows. Are those other two gentlemen in your photo the guys who helped in all that work?
Yes, my 2 sons and I did most of the work. You should see the custom BSA super rocket they did and my 1949 HD which is an AMCA winner's circle bike. They are both very good at mech and detail work. Thank you for the comment, I will surely pass it on to them. Jim

KettleCarver

Gold forum user
Beautiful job on the car! It must have been a great experience sharing it with your sons.

I recently retired and picked up a Tiger to work on. I hope mine turns out as nice as yours.

Are those Panasport wheels? What are the rims an tire sizes? They look really nice.

Marty

1949FL

Silver forum user
CAT Member
Beautiful job on the car! It must have been a great experience sharing it with your sons.

I recently retired and picked up a Tiger to work on. I hope mine turns out as nice as yours.

Are those Panasport wheels? What are the rims an tire sizes? They look really nice.

Marty
Marty:
Thank you for the comments. The rims are Panasport and I stuck with 13" due to the size of the front Wilwood disk brake kit. If I had the money, I think Tigers look great with Rick's wheels or minilites from the UK. The tires are Toyos, 185r13, but I will verify and let you know.