Proper gasket Remote Oil Filter

Warren

Gold forum user
Been wanting to put on the remote oil filter but not sure what gasket type goes between the engine and the lower filter mount. I have a PH8A Fram from my old E150 Van and the gasket looks too thick when placed on the bottom mount. Since I got the car with a shorty Wix installed I could also use any hints at the re install. It looks to be a rather messy operation changing the filter with the remote bracket installed. But probably better to have more filter area. I remember reading on Tiger Utd. or some other Tiger site that FRAM had the worst SQ " of filter paper per the available filters what are the comparable WIX and Autolite numbers or whats your favorite and why?. Thanks

cadreamn67

Platinum Forum Member
Sunbeam Specialties to the rescue once again. Check website catalog under gaskets tab. Part TM21 is the big (fiber) gasket. TM20 is the smaller one, two needed as shown in pictorial.

I use a Motorcraft filter (FL-1A I think it is), just because it is Motorcraft and I do not know any better. Could always go to Fram's tough guard, or heavier duty if wanted a higher grade version from them.

Gene

Last edited: