Recommended tire sizes for 15x6" front & 15x7" rear wheels

KLtiger

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
I’ve purchased new 15” Panasports, 15x6” front & 15x7” rear for my Mark I. If you have a similar set up, would you tell me what tire size & brand/model tire you are using? I’ve been told that 195/50 front & 205/50 rear is common--do you have any recommendations otherwise? Usage: I have no plans for racing, it won't touch snow (Colo), and mostly just fun in the local area & mountains.
Thanks. v/r, Keith

KettleCarver

Gold forum user
Hi Keith,

Those are the wheels I was considering for my car. I have heard the same thing on tire sizes. Where did you buy them and how much were they?

Thanks,

Marty

KLtiger

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Hi Keith,

Those are the wheels I was considering for my car. I have heard the same thing on tire sizes. Where did you buy them and how much were they?

Thanks,

Marty
Marty-I bought them from Dale--he is great to work with. About $250ea plus shipping a few months ago.
Keith

TAH_Tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I used less expensive ROTA instead of Panasports. Like these except offsets 20. Probably could go offset 25 and used 185/55 and 195/55

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2942579799...1291&msclkid=0467b5336ef91b7f86ebd72655cc3508

Hellertown Tiger 2016.jpg

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Running 195's in the front and 205's in the rear on Minilites. 205 is the max width that will fit.. Running narrower in the front so the steering isn't heavier than it needs to be!

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Running 195's in the front and 205's in the rear on Minilites. 205 is the max width that will fit.. Running narrower in the front so the steering isn't heavier than it needs to be!
What profile is important as that will determine if the front rolling radius is a little large and takes nibble out of the front valance.

Are the front 195/55/15 or 195/50/15?

Regars assume 205/50/15?

KettleCarver

Gold forum user
I’ve purchased new 15” Panasports, 15x6” front & 15x7” rear for my Mark I. If you have a similar set up, would you tell me what tire size & brand/model tire you are using? I’ve been told that 195/50 front & 205/50 rear is common--do you have any recommendations otherwise? Usage: I have no plans for racing, it won't touch snow (Colo), and mostly just fun in the local area & mountains.
Thanks. v/r, Keith
What is the benefit of have the 7" wide wheels in the back vs, just going with 6" all around?

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Drive one with and then one without. You will note the diff in corner handling immediately.
Randy.. With the rear track squared i know ot reduces the oversteer a little as it negates the narrow rear rootes did to brinf final oversteer in their cars like on the alpines. Squaring the track on them helps...but what impact in terms or rear pushing the front do you get with wider rubber vs narrow front?

KettleCarver

Gold forum user
Thanks. v/r, Keith
Did you go with 24 offset in front and 25 in the back? Post some pictures when you get the tires mounted. I am curious to see pictures of Panasports in 15X6 (24 offset) and 15x7 (25 offset) mounted with that tire size. I especially would like to see if the fronts stick out proud of the fender.

Thanks