seat belts

Warren

Gold forum user
There's a threaded bung in the sidewall of the parcel shelf. You can easily see it from the inner rear wheel well. You may not be happy at the angle the belt goes over your shoulder. Beams makes several lap and shoulder belts.

Reactions: lee

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Any info on 3 point seat belts would be helpful.
A more definitive question as to what you want to know would be helpful...
Mounting points?
Mounting hardware?
What was original?
Where to buy?...

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
I used Moss 222.005 which is a 3 point with a retractor box. I mounted the retractor directly below the threaded mount on the rear wheelarch, at floor level (Rear shelf level). it required the drilling of one hole per side to mount the retractor unit. no other mods to the car

Reactions: lee

lee

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
There was airplane style lap belts in there when I got it. I would like to replace with something a little better. Thanks for your ideas.

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
There was airplane style lap belts in there when I got it. I would like to replace with something a little better. Thanks for your ideas.
Do you have a picture of those lap belts?

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I use "BEAMS" belts, they are period style chrome buckles and come in 3 point fixed (and retractable)
They also has a range of colours including a light grey similar to the original factory option Irvin belts

mr55s

Gold forum user
CAT Member
This is what came on my car: does anyone else have these?

507CC893-D622-4BF6-B2D2-E1F7D6243B06.jpeg

10AA1352-C917-41E4-86DF-1E548798C986.jpeg

Warren

Gold forum user
I've used the Beams belts for many years. The quality is good but they can really damage paint and the aluminum sill covers. The grey material picked up stains easily on my grey ones . There's a lot of good aspects for the retractors that can contain belts.

michael-king

Gold forum user
CAT Member
but they can really damage paint and the aluminum sill covers. The grey material picked up stains easily on my grey ones .
All quite true.. And can happen... But should obly happen by bad accidnet...not a regular thing... Who is throwing their belts off or jambing in the doors??? Naughty passengers?

People always think im super polite opening and closing the doors for them in my cars... I just.dont want them slamming them...