SOLD 1966 Simbeam Tiger shell + parts for sale, Denver CO

boss-tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
11/03/2023 Listing $3,700 located in Denver Colorado

1966 Sunbeam Tiger shell & parts bill of sale only, has JAL, correct # matching locks, TAC'ed

Orig. build info: 1966 Tiger B382001191 LRXFE JAL: 661179 Paint: 39 Carnival Red keys: RM908/FS953 TAC inspection # 1285

This is a major project for sure but I have seen worse restored beautifully. As found, right.

door had good gaps and opened, closed great - even sounded better than my own Tiger.

My assumption is this car is a low mileage car and was wrecked long ago and kept for parts.

IMO will need front clip with right front frame rail replaced, left front and rear frame

straightening, left rear quarter panel, plus some (but not that bad) rust repairs. All square

corner Mk1a, TAC authenticated shell - a true Humpty Dumpty Tiger resto opportunity.

Floors, undercarriage, frame, rockers firewall look solid. Interior side of trans has some

rust plus cut a bit at shifter area - unfortunate but fixable. Car looks rough but a

good foundation to restore or use for major body components to fix another Tiger.

Currently car would only roll on rear axle, will need a dolly of sorts on front to move.

Parts Included: original JAL plate, ID tag restamped, orig # locks with repo key set

Tiger sheet metal (engine cmpt, firewall, trans tunnel, etc)

doors, trunk, hood, cowel vents, windshield, conv. Frame ..

spare: left rear 1/4 panel, left & right front fenders

hinges, door handles, trunk latch, master cylinders

Alpine rear end bolted to car currently using Tiger springs/hardware

pan hard rod, drive shaft, rear trans mount, motor mounts

Tiger front suspension (missing steering rack and pinion)

steering column, steering dog bone, front hubs/rotors, calipers

wiper & heater parts, fuel pump w/bracket, gas pedal, dash core

side trim, wiring, gas pedal, plus more I am not remembering

Attachments

• 110323 Smash for sale 9 pics.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 194

boss-tiger

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Still for sale, found some time to pull out parts, take some pictures to post - there are more parts that I did not get to yet. Negotiable on price.

Attachments

• 4 tub pics 121323.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 101

0neoffive

Gold forum user
CAT Member
We have worked with worse. A bit of a challenge and will need a brave new owner.

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
11/03/2023 Listing $3,700 located in Denver Colorado

1966 Sunbeam Tiger shell & parts bill of sale only, has JAL, correct # matching locks, TAC'ed

Orig. build info: 1966 Tiger B382001191 LRXFE JAL: 661179 Paint: 39 Carnival Red keys: RM908/FS953 TAC inspection # 1285

This is a major project for sure but I have seen worse restored beautifully. As found, right.

door had good gaps and opened, closed great - even sounded better than my own Tiger.

My assumption is this car is a low mileage car and was wrecked long ago and kept for parts.

IMO will need front clip with right front frame rail replaced, left front and rear frame

straightening, left rear quarter panel, plus some (but not that bad) rust repairs. All square

corner Mk1a, TAC authenticated shell - a true Humpty Dumpty Tiger resto opportunity.

Floors, undercarriage, frame, rockers firewall look solid. Interior side of trans has some

rust plus cut a bit at shifter area - unfortunate but fixable. Car looks rough but a

good foundation to restore or use for major body components to fix another Tiger.

Currently car would only roll on rear axle, will need a dolly of sorts on front to move.

Parts Included: original JAL plate, ID tag restamped, orig # locks with repo key set

Tiger sheet metal (engine cmpt, firewall, trans tunnel, etc)

doors, trunk, hood, cowel vents, windshield, conv. Frame ..

spare: left rear 1/4 panel, left & right front fenders

hinges, door handles, trunk latch, master cylinders

Alpine rear end bolted to car currently using Tiger springs/hardware

pan hard rod, drive shaft, rear trans mount, motor mounts

Tiger front suspension (missing steering rack and pinion)

steering column, steering dog bone, front hubs/rotors, calipers

wiper & heater parts, fuel pump w/bracket, gas pedal, dash core

side trim, wiring, gas pedal, plus more I am not remembering
Easy repairs... I recently rebuilt a Mk1a that had sat for 25 plus years. It had been bought, driven into a culvert and flipped. I had to replace BOTH front frame rails. I did this with the inner wheelarches still attached. I used the steady braces to jig the front end onto the car. I then installed a COMPLETE front clip as one piece. I also had to replace the trunk hinge panel and the w/s frame.. The donor series 5 Alpine was $5K. I had 40 hours into dismantling the Alpine body shell and repairing the Tiger... At the time I was charging $50/hr... $7K to make it a viable project.... a total no brainer.

It's just not that hard to fix a pranged Tiger...

Max B

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
I am just starting my restoration. My body, well, not mine but car's, is good and straight, but I need many trim fitments I see. I also could use items I can't see like part of latch that goes on hood, emergency hand brake lever and parts, heater parts, etc.
As just starting my project, I'm not too familiar with fair value on most of parts and need to check with others who are. I have found some replacement parts fairly obtainable, while others take more than a couple days of lunch money.
Is your intention to sell everything together or might you consider a deal on a bundle of parts?
Thanks.

Max B

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
Sounds good, but will take a bit. I found a guy in Salt Lake who has a lot of stuff and is going to let me go through his garage.
However, most of what i need now is trim, yeah, I know, pricey. Includes gaskets all the windshield gaskets, everything i might need to attach top, A frame control arm gaskets for links. I need some seats, but may just use the one I have until I decide on interior. Heater hose temperature control valve. Seatbelts, black will work because neutral color, with brackets to mount. I dont even know if this particular car came with them because I cant see and mounts. The flat hooklike chrome top pieces by top of door. I dont know off hand what they are called, but there were two sizes. I’m sure there are more, but this is all i can think of. Oh, battery box.
I’m not really worrying about alot of stuff til i just get it going to see what i’ve got and need.
Thanks. Max

Austin Healer

Gold forum user
Sounds good, but will take a bit. I found a guy in Salt Lake who has a lot of stuff and is going to let me go through his garage.
However, most of what i need now is trim, yeah, I know, pricey. Includes gaskets all the windshield gaskets, everything i might need to attach top, A frame control arm gaskets for links. I need some seats, but may just use the one I have until I decide on interior. Heater hose temperature control valve. Seatbelts, black will work because neutral color, with brackets to mount. I dont even know if this particular car came with them because I cant see and mounts. The flat hooklike chrome top pieces by top of door. I dont know off hand what they are called, but there were two sizes. I’m sure there are more, but this is all i can think of. Oh, battery box.
I’m not really worrying about alot of stuff til i just get it going to see what i’ve got and need.
Thanks. Max
I'd buy all of the rubber bits from Rick while they are available. I have the tabs for the battery hold down rods... conveniently they are still welded to the side frame rail which will make it easy to get them in the right place on your car.

The heater control valve bracket depends on chassis number. the ones for the B947 cars are available new on ebay. the valve is the same as Healey 100/6 through 3000 mk3. I have the correct ones for the B382 cars and I have brand new valves.

the bits at the tops of the B posts are different...B947 cars use one type and B382 cars and later use the other. I can supply pics of the early and I probably have the later ones.

as for battery box... the battery mounts in the trunk on a plastic tray.. Rick has the trays, I probably have one hold down rods so you could make a second. I have the "bar" that fits over the battery edge that the rods connect to. there is a wood strip that screws to the side of the frame rail to buffer the battery and another piece of 1/4" thick plywood that fits under the battery tray. I can provide pics and dimensions.

I have a repro of the fuel pump bracket that fits into the hole where the battery box (Alpine) used to be.

Max B

Bronze forum user
CAT Member
It's not like I am in any hurry! Contact me with your needs when you know what they are.
Thank you. Will check out what you’ve mentioned. I think you are right sbout this being a Series 5. I have started considering that when checking on parts. I’m not sure now how many cars tjis was made out of, I’m starting to thing took Tiger firewall and forward like you said and grafted S5 body on. Thanks again!

Mr. Keith

Bronze forum user
Still for sale, found some time to pull out parts, take some pictures to post - there are more parts that I did not get to yet. Negotiable on price.
Hello, how much would would you want for all the front suspension items in pic. 2 and the steering column and 2 link pieces to the rack in pic. 3 .