some SUNI details

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
Attached is a preview of some of the pages that will be distributed in the registration packet.

Hilton Aerial Labeled.jpg

Attachments

• SUNI Concours Show Field.pdf
    913.4 KB · Views: 140

VaCat33

Gold forum user
CAT Member
SUNI VII Concours will be held on Friday September 17, 2021 on the grounds of the beautiful Bingham￾Waggoner Estate…about a 15 minute drive from the hotel. We will enter the estate grounds from W. Pacific Ave. See the attached aerial view of the show field in the previous post and how we plan to lay out the classes. We might need to make some adjustments once we are on site.

The schedule for the event is as follows:
Showfield opens: 8:00 AM
Judges Meeting: 9:00 AM
Official Judging 9:30 AM - 2:00 PM

As you enter the show field you will be checked in at the judges tent, at which time you will receive your score sheet, windshield card and some final instructions regarding the judging.

The SUNI VII Participating Clubs have agreed to use the Tigers East/Alpines East (TEAE) concours rules and score sheets with one notable adjustment; each class will have an assigned team of three judges. This team will judge all the cars within its assigned class; judging each car in its entirety. Members of each team will be from different clubs, to the extent that is possible. Concours participants can view the rulebook at

Concours-Rules-Procedures-3-2021.pdf (teae.org)

As of September 4, 2021 the following is a breakdown of the classes and the awards for each.
Stock Alpine: One entry; 1st Place only
Personalized Alpine: Three entries; 1st Place only
Modified Alpine: Two entries; 1st Place only
Stock Tiger: Thirteen entries; 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place
Personalized Tiger: Twenty-two entries; 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place
Modified Tiger: Ten entries: 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place
Harrington Lemans: Four entries: 1st and 2nd Place
Rare Rootes: Three entries: 1st Place only.

If you have any questions please contact the Concours Chairperson, Jim Lindner at President@teae.org or just post it here.

SunbeamTgr

Silver forum user
CAT Member
This is a notice that my nephew, Chass Jones suffered a MILD heart attack just prior to boarding a flight back to Kansas City, then planning to drive on to Independence. Currently hospitalized, Chass was planning to head up the Trailer Parking. That's not happening, so hope you guys can find a replacement "Beach Warden".
Gary Haslip

HolyCat

Gold forum user
CAT Member
I am sorry to hear about your nephew and want to wish him a full and speedy return to health!

at the beach

Gold forum user
CAT Member
WOW!
Now I understand the note I received from the hotel's front desk which said,"Chass Jones... will be delayed "because of a hospital stay."
We certainly wish him the best.
Buck